Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Party on...

I brought my "z" game to the Brit Blogger game last night,donking out first after playing as if I'd never sat at a virtual table in my life! Only four showed up which ( on the bright side!) means that despite being four games into the mini-series ,the prizes are still very much up for grabs.Next installment is on Sunday at Full Tilt.

I watched an Sngicons Spacegravy video after my crashout and it made me almost dizzy just watching him playing 25 tables! I fired up 'Stars, but the $16's were full of tough regulars and although that usually wouldn't bother me, I ended up watching more of "Imcastleman" and a couple of other top $16 grinder pro's before opening Party to hit the $22's.

I only played four games and managed a win,2nd,3rd and a crashout for an aprox $115 profit.The crashout was my own fault as I had the chiplead and shoved A7 over a shortstack's shove.He showed 1010 and I cursed my stupidity.Sometimes I can be too aggressive in the wrong spots and that's a leak I'll need to keep an eye on.I was only two tabling and although almost all my sng experience has been at 18 player games,I'm finding I quite enjoy the single table variety too.

The standard at Party $22's is comparable to Stars $6 games.( on average as every game is different) I couldn't believe some of the donk plays I witnessed.Part of the reason I prefer sngs to cash ( did I really write that?!) is because I love to abuse bubble situations by raising almost every hand.If stack sizes and table conditons are correct then it's a very effective way to build a huge chipstack.I'm usually ultra-tight until the blinds reach 200/400 and can get away with a couple of moves to give me the leeway to start pounding the bubble.

Ok,no poker tonight as I'm babysitting.Back soon...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, 22 August, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

I don't know if you find this, but on Stars I will always now try and win the first hand in a sit and go when the blinds reach 200/400.
If no-one is in the pot, I'll normally go with any two cards - a pivotal moment in most sit and go's for me.

 
At Friday, 22 August, 2008, Blogger dD said...

i will bear this in mind gents ! thanx for the free info :)

next game is ... Sundays britblogger ? only two games per week ??

regards

dD

 
At Friday, 22 August, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Not always the first hand after it hits 200/400 but that's certainly when I come to life at the felt in those games.Unless it's v Dd then simple ABC poker will suffice ;-)

Spot on dD.Next game on Sunday and only two per week from then on..!

 
At Friday, 22 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://rimeoftheancyentmarinere.blogspot.com/

pretty please :)

 
At Friday, 22 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha cheeky bastard, just noticed the ... unless it v dD ...

he he he

still though, http://rimeoftheancyentmarinere.blogspot.com/

:)

 
At Friday, 22 August, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hehe,new link up now dD :-)

 
At Friday, 05 September, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post about the standard at Party $22's is comparable to Stars $6 games.........
====================================
simmons
http://www.CelebPoker.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document