Saturday, October 04, 2008

No speed ahead...




I mentioned feeling so tired it was almost like a bad case of jet-lag....

"The Silver Shadow has now become a sports classic silhouette and has recently been adopted again by youth culture and worn by bands such as 'Goldie Looking Chain'." From The Hi-Tec Official Website.

Now whilst I'm more familiar with goldie looking fish than "Goldie Looking Chain" I've always been a fan of Silver Shadow trainers.Last time out the only shoes available were a very similar looking pair of trainers from Hi-Tec and they have proved to be a reasonable subsitute for the legendary classic daddy of all training shoes.All was well until my workmate pointed out at lunchtime on Thursday that I was wearing one Silver Shadow shoe on one foot and one of it's similar looking ( but non-legendary ) shoe cousins on the other foot! Aghhh! Cue a quick visit to buy a new pair...

After a good beat at the dentists ( 10 minutes for scale n polish with no pain at all!) I cooked up some dinner ( 4 minutes then ping!) ,watched some football and won a wee $11 sng on Full Tilt to warm up.

I read about Pokerstars new "Double or Nothing" sngs on Pocket Fives and reckoned they sounded similar to Bodogs super soft beginners games.On Stars they are 10 seat sngs which payout double the buy-in to the top 5 finishers.They have games at all buy-in levels after Rosie persuaded me ( ahem!), I gave a wee $5 game a go to try it out.The only problem is that they are slowwwww speed games.The game we played in was very fishy and I easily double my $$ after lots of folding and only playing a couple of big hands.

I was too tired to play much more and after cashing in a wee super turbo I hit the sack.

Last night I could barely keep my eyes open and didn't play much poker.My wee cousin phoned just after midnight and obviously took the hint after hearing my tired sounding voice....and promptly turned up with a couple of neighbours about 1/2 hour later.I ended up sitting out my Mtt ( just a wee $11 one) and crashing out when they left.

Today I'm chilling out,watching football,playing poker and looking for the rain to stop so I can walk Nacho.I'm also looking around a few Ford forums after the fuel,speedo and rev counter on my ST170 dashboard have ceased to bloody work.The car is only just over 3 years old and it's not long since it had a big service and MOT.I don't know if something has disconnected after going over a speed bump or the dashboard "cluster unit" has failed.Not the end of the world but a pain in the arse.

Ok,that's all for now.Don't forget to register for the Britbloggerment game tomorrow....

Here's a couple of all time classic trance toooons...



Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 05 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought they had made the DYM SnG turbos mate? They should be super soft and fill quickly, might give them a try to rebuild my poorly roll!

 
At Sunday, 05 October, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

They started as standard speed but I think after petitions on forums they've changed them to turbos! Whee! Gl in them Pud.If they're as juicy as Bodogs you're onto a winner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document