Sunday, October 05, 2008

Pushed to the ( Fixed) Limit!

I watched another fine Spacegravy vid on Sngicons last night before grabbing a quick 1/2hr of sleep and then hitting the tables at Party.As I was feeling so tired and chatting to Rosie I stuck to the $22's with a few $11's thrown in and despite the usual beats and suckouts I came out about $100 up overall from those games.

At some point Rosie suggested playing a $6 ,$1k gtd MTT.I'd come close to registering for both the Daily $50k gtd on Stars ( $55 entry) and was tempted by the $55,$18k gtd on Party, but had opted to play turbs instead as I wanted action not a fold fest!

I agreed to play the $1k gtd as it was only $6,seemed to have a low number of entrants( 260 starters) and I could keep playing turbos too.After getting the blame for landing Rosie in a slow speed ( now turbo format) Double or Nothing game on Stars the other night I think it's only fair to point out that the $1k gtd Mtt Rosie insisted I must play ( well not quite but it helps the story!) turned out to be FFL! ( that's Fixed Fuckin' Limit)

The only other FFL games I've played have been by mistake too and although it's still Holdem I don't have much of a clue as to how to play FFL profitably and had never played an FFL Mtt before.Thankfully the player pool seemed populated by donks who hadn't seen a deck of cards before and around 300 years after we started, Rosie and I had somehow made the top 20.I think it definitely helped that we were both gunning for the top 3 and not too worried about stalling to make the top 30 and a $9 ( or whatever it was) profit.

I think Rosie went out around 14th and headed off leaving me to battle my way through more donkeys before hitting the final table.To cut to the chase I came second for $211.I would have saved a screenshot, but in all honesty as soon as the game was over I was more annoyed at myself for not closing it out properly against a player I reckoned I had an edge over.On reflection it was 5.30am,I was shattered,hungry and have little FFL experience so I should have been more pleased by my finish position.I rolled up another to celebrate and took down a wee $14 super turb on FT before bed.

Just watched Rangers go down 1-0 to St Mirren.We didn't play well and they hit their two outer and scored with their only shot on target.

Almost time to walk my boy and give Step A a lift home.If I stop and buy the Yorkie Puds ( not the famous Betfair blogger!) the ex Mrs A has promised Sunday dinner which sound like a tastier option than the ready made carbonara I had planned!

I'm not sure if the s-man is visiting yet tonight.If so I don't expect I'll be too focussed on the Bloggerment and RTR games but I will be there!

Back during the week.Thanks for reading....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, 06 October, 2008, Blogger Poker Jones said...

hacker59's easy carbonara recipe. cook. smoke a doob and eat.

gently saute some chopped shallots in butter in a heavy saute pan. push shallots to the side, add more butter and saute some shiitake or other earthy mushrooms. deglaze pan with some white wine (sauvignon blanc/chardonnay). add heavy cream. (in u.k., better known as "double cream.") bring to a simmer and reduce slightly. season (salt/pepper) to taste. add some diced prosciutto at the end and generously grate parmesan regianno over top. toss with some al dente fettucine. serve with crusty bread and perhaps a simple salad of greens. drink the rest of the wine. serve it to a fine Scottish bird and act all modest as she coos in your ear about what a lovely meal you've made just for her.

 
At Monday, 06 October, 2008, Blogger Rosie said...

Poker Jones,

Authentic carbonara has no cream - or wine in it. What you describe sounds delish but is not carbonara. The real stuff is *far* easier:
http://www.italian-food-recipes.net/2006/12/spaghetti-carbonara-primo.html

If I might add, as a (non-scottish) bird who knows her way around Acorn's kitchen quite well.. lmao, rotfl etc.
(no offense meant, A)

 
At Monday, 06 October, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lol.Great comments! No wonder Rosie is laughing at the thoughtof me cooking.The ready made version of Carbonara is in the microwave as I write this :-)

 
At Sunday, 26 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i din't get u.

http://www.celebpoker.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document