Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's a results business...

We won the cup semi 3-0 the other night and ( thanks to Bully’s reminder) I enjoyed watching the second episode of the Full Tilt Million Dollar cash game, ( the game Bully and I attended last Sept) although once again the cameras failed to pick up Ivey and co begging Bully and me for the Brit Blogger password during the breaks between hands…At the game itself we obviously had no idea of the hole cards being played and it’s great to finally see exactly how the big hands played out.

I only played a couple of $22’s afterwards,crashing out of both and once again hit the sack at a reasonable time.Last night I enjoyed another pub dinner on the way home from work before hitting up the $22’s again and once again finding myself being scudded at every turn.After having KK busted twice in a row,followed by my Aces going up in smoke,I took a break and tried to clear my head.( by rolling another!)

I loved the latest post over at Hardboiled poker about being results orientated. I desperately try not to fall into that trap but rarely succeed.Even this week I said I’d focus on volume and stop posting results.One bad run of 60 odd games and here I am whining about bad luck and poor results.Part of me is trying to be a bit more…”baller” is the word the forum kiddies use I believe.I detest arrogance, but sometimes think my lack of confidence in myself and my game doesn’t help me when running like crap.I’ve won thousand of dollars playing sng’s,I’m still up at least a few hundred this month on Party, and yet I still feel that I need to get the tiny sample of stats Sharkscope shows for me into the black to stop me feeling like a fraud.I know that’s silly but it’s just how I feel.

I did at least cash in the last two games of the night, even if that meant staying up until nearly 1am despite being up early today.I have felt far better for not staying up way too late recently and last night aside, I don’t intend to slip into an unhealthy late night/early morning routine again.

Righty,looking after Nacho tonight and I’m off out tomorrow evening.Back soon…

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 29 January, 2009, Blogger Nick said...

I did watch some of the Million Dollar Cash game - saw Phil Ivey moaning about how he got beat in an 18 manner sit and go by some Scottish bloke...

Did see an interesting moment when Ivey raised from the BB with 23off, and Durrrr hit trips on the turn, and Ivey looked like he was seriously considering coming over the top with nothing.

 
At Saturday, 31 January, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hehe,these guys play the game on a different planet to the rest of us.Some crazy moves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document