Monday, April 20, 2009

Foxy Donations..

I'm still feeling a bit guilty about my hit and run on poor Mr Foxy last Friday night.To try and ease that guilt and restore some karma I've donated £10 to the National Fox Welfare Society.Viewing a website full of cute fox photo's didn't actually help much on the guilt front, but actions speak louder than words and hopefully my wee donation will do some good.You can help my karma too ( obviously your number 1 priority for the week ahead) by clicking the link,making a donation and smugly revelling in the knowledge that you've helped the foxes without having murdered one beforehand. ( Juice being the exception as he's so posh he must have hunted a fox at some point!)

To the poker and the game is still completely twisting my melon.Two Pies was round on Sat night to enjoy some herbs and watch the carnage.I may have grumbled in months gone by about running badly at times, but never in my 5 years of playing poker have I lost so many races and been sucked out on as often as has happened over the last couple of months.Last night after the Brit Blogger I hit up more $22's on Full Tilt and....well you know the drill by now.I did actually laugh out loud after the flop came K K 10 when I had AK v the villains QQ.Wheeeee I've won a race I thought.Maybe this is the start of a bit more normality.Maybe ...just maybe... Awww nawww,there's a Queen on the turn....

Of course it's easy to blame luck when I'm playing poorly too.One hand I'm still debating with myself was on the bubble of another $22.I have 2.9k on the button,the small blind is the shorty on 700 chips,the big blind is the bigstack with 7k and the other guy has 3k.The other guy folded and I look down to JJ.I consider folding and then remember the number of times micro-shorties have doubled and tripled their stacks.Before I know it I'm the shorty facing having to shove a wide range into loose fishy calling stations.The problem was that the bigstack was loose and I felt he would try and re-raise me off my hand if I made a small raise, despite any bet from me looking very strong due to the shorty's presence.I shoved...the shorty folded and the bigstack snap called with KK.

It wasn't long before I snapped.( right after yet another sick bubble finish) I've read the 2+2 faq on Single table tournaments and know to expect to be on the wrong end of variance which seems "sick and un-natural" at times.I didn't care for that sensible logic right at that moment.I was the Police and my pillow was a lefty tree hugging G20 protester.To use another famous quote I gave it a "bloody good hiding".

I'm not sure it did me any good but I did manage to run a little better and take a 1st and 2nd in my last two $33's to pull back some of my losses.

Ok,thanks for reading and thanks to all who played in last nights Brit Blogger game.I donked out early-ish after reshoving AJ over a button steal.I just knew he was stealing with Aces.....

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 21 April, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing you're adverse to unecessary waste / expenditure, i was half expecting 'fox stew' and a new 'rug' for the dug...

s-man

 
At Tuesday, 21 April, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Having being advised by my Insurance co that I have a £250 compulsory excess to go with the £350 voluntary excess I'm not ruling out the rug!

 
At Tuesday, 21 April, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that the rest of the fox family know wher you live. Murderer.

You can't ease guilt with cash, confess and repent.

Basil

 
At Tuesday, 21 April, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I'm giving your comment the brush off Basil.Boom Boom...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document