Monday, April 06, 2009

Chill Pill



Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Always good to start with a Blues Brothers quote on a Monday..

I owe a big thanks to Mr Cloud and Gavin for leaving comments on my last post.If I was a footballer I reckon I'd be the type that would be motivated by the "Come on son,you know you've got it" style of management rather than responding to a bollocking.( although feel free to bollock me in the comments next time to see if that works) Perhaps it was the comments,maybe the poker gods read my last post and took pity, or maybe, if I didn't want to tempt fate, I may speculate that the worst run since I began playing sng's could finally have peaked...

Of course if Carslberg wrote blog posts I'd have taken my redundancy offer the other week,stuck the lot on Mon Mome to win the Grand National at 100-1 and be sitting back with several million pounds in the bank,ready to wipe the floor with that young whippersnapper Durrr in his challenge...

Mentioning the above scenario to a few colleagues today,I also told them I'd make sure they were well taken care of too...there would be £50 behind the bar for them all to enjoy a drink on me! They were bowled over by my kindness.

To the weekend and on Saturday evening the s-man ( yerabawbag on Full Tilt) was over for some Farcry 2 and poker action.I played nearly 30 $16's and finished up winning a couple of hundred dollars.On Sunday Two Pies was round to watch the Gers win 1-0 at Falkirk and I briefly hit the Party $22's afterwards and ( whisper it) ran really well and won three from four games to give me a decent start to the month.We played Motor-Storm on the Ps3 for the rest of the evening and in between I managed to donk out of the bloggerment.

I was going to fire up another set of sng's when Two Pies left about midnight, but decided to bank the earlier wins and go to bed actually feeling good about poker for a change.

A wee blogging break is still the plan for a week or so but I thought it would be better to sign off on a happier note.Thanks for reading.
Back soon...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 07 April, 2009, Blogger Steve H. said...

I love the Blues brothers too.

 
At Wednesday, 08 April, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where will you be playing cards when you're in Chicago?

 
At Thursday, 09 April, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Fine film and soundtrack Steve.

I wish I was going to Chicago Anon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document