Monday, March 16, 2009

Final Table?!

Our family had the good news last week that my sisters latest ( nearly 4 years on) cancer test has come back negative.News like that puts results from games like poker and football into perspective and to say I was delighted would be a huge understatement.She copes with a high pressure top marketing job whilst going through IVF and still manages to find time to make me the best Spag Bol I've ever tasted and to organise gifts for any upcoming birthdays/Mothers days etc.( I just give her half the cost) I really hope the IVF stuff works out for her and her hubby as they would both make great parents and it doesn't look as if I'll be providing grandkids any day soon!

The weekend was ok.The s-man was over on Saturday night for more ps3 action.This time he managed to kill himself in Half-life2 Ep2 after launching tree stumps at a swaying crate above us ( to knock the health kits and ammo from it) and then standing still,allowing the law which says, "what goes up,must come down" to kick in.He was twatted by falling stumps.

On Sunday I went to the cup final.Crap game.We lost.

Later in the evening I fired up the Brit Blogger game on Full Tilt despite being in the mood from hell after the football result.Thanks to all 61 who showed up to play,congrats to ElSnarfgrande on winning and to Lex Luther for doing the UK proud and coming 2nd.Thanks also to Blaaaarg86 and the guys at my tables who cheered me up with their chatbox banter.

Gamewise I played like a complete nit,made a few resteals to stay afloat and managed to go out 9th after the shortest final table appearance in history.I'd run Kd8d into Mookies AQ ( blinds battle) ,typed "gg" and left.It was only later on checking to see who had won overall that I realised it was hand for hand to make the final table and I must have had more chips than the 10th place finisher who went out at the same time as me.

I'm still running like crap at Party and finished $10 down from 5 games after the Blogger game.Overall I'm down about $230-ish overall this month and can't seem to get going at all.It was raining at lunchtime today so I played two $22's using my old lappy and new dongle.In the first I called a raise with 99,saw a 9 high all diamond flop ,got it in and lost to the preflop raisers flopped flush.In the 2nd I hit my Ace with AK only for Mr 33 to river another 3.Thankfully I managed to come back from the resulting shortstack to win that one.

Ok,back with a post on good/bad losers later in the week...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, 16 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news about your sister mate, Mrs P's mum got the all clear a few months ago and will stop all her medication soon too.

LOL at being killed by tree stumps in HL! I love that game, hoping to get it on the 360 as my PC just to lag like buggery at certain points of it.

 
At Tuesday, 17 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya Bassa - new rule:

Welcome to Half Life. The first rule of Half Life is: you do not talk about Half Life.

I was just trying to play 'keepy-uppy' with the log, ahem.

s-man

 
At Wednesday, 18 March, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Pud.

There's no stopping the s-man, though from now on what happens in HL stays in HL...unless it's really funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document