Thursday, March 12, 2009

Like a Rolling Stone..

Looks like it may be time for a change of career.I saw the full page advert in the Metro the other day for a Comic Relief t-shirt featuring those old comedy favourites,Morcambe and Wise with red "comic relief" noses painted on.Retro t-shirts are popular at the moment ( I like my own "Mr Messy" one from Next),but what caught my eye was that it said at the foot of the advert that the Morcambe and Wise design was the work of top clothes designer,Stella McCartney.Easy peasy.I have found a suitable photo of those other comedy legends "Little and Large" ,bought some plain white t-shirts and I'm now ready to become a top clothes designer!

As I approach nearly 1000 posts and 4 full years of blogging I'm wondering what direction this blog is taking these days.I called it a "poker and life" blog when I began in order that I wouldn't be restricted to writing about poker and I've enjoyed being able to go off on other tangents at times.I also read most other blogs via a reader and don't get to comment as often as I'd like on some of the excellent stuff being posted by the bloggers linked on the right of this page.

I reckon I'll stick to poker,daft rants,a bit of personal stuff and of course excellent advice and lifestyle tips...like don't attempt to shave your unruly sideburns after smokin' da herb.I ended up with a cut nose and sideys about as even as a Heads Up match between Ivey and Tuff-fish.

On the poker front I finally got back to winning ways last night and hopefully I can stay on that track.I ran a bit better than I have recently and I was also determined to "grow a set" and stop feeling sorry for myself.I did sleep well last Saturday night but I can't say losing over $500 in one night didn't affect me at all.With a bit of luck my gulp limit ( the amount I can lose in one night without wanting to top myself)has risen and the next time I'll cope better.

Ok,the ex Mrs A is away visiting her brother down South and I have Nacho until next Wednesday.The s-man is popping over shortly and the Nach needs a walk!

Here's an old Paul Simon classic...

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, 12 March, 2009, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Congrats on your 1000th post. Think of all the joy and happines you've brought to the world.

I deleted mine as Juice said I was an evil right wing cunt.

 
At Friday, 13 March, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Mr E.Sad you've deleted your blog.I thought I had an connection problem trying to read it the other night.Ignore Juice btw.He's just upset at the poll result so far on your blog :-)

 
At Friday, 13 March, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Oh and yeah and I'm going for world peace and free Wispas for all with my next 1000 posts....

 
At Saturday, 14 March, 2009, Blogger Rot Weiss said...

If you plan to do Little and Large there must be a market for Cannon and Ball as well :)

 
At Sunday, 15 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 1k mate and heres looking forward to the next 1k.
Good to hear your back to winnin ways again now as well.

Hard lines on the bad beat against the hoops today mate :-(

Regards
Bully

 
At Monday, 16 March, 2009, Blogger Mark said...

Nice milestone Acorn, congrats - still a great read after all those years.

Remember thinking of retro t-shirts a few years back after seeing 'Frankie Says' t's on ebay going for 25 quid a throw... go for it!

Cheers, Mark

 
At Monday, 16 March, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cannon and Ball,Hale and Pace..take your pick Rot!!

Was gutted yesterday Bully.Feeling a bit better today.Looking forward to more FT Million Dollar cash game tmw night on Sky.Didn't see you at all in last weeks.Must have been at bookies!!

Cheers Mark.Probably not cool to admit it but I saw Frankie twice back in the day and still like the Pleasuredome album! My sister was into Shakin' Stevens though, which takes some of the heat off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document