Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Troll Time....

Regular readers of this space will probably know that I don't have much time for the Daily Mail or the Guardian.This weeks Daily Mail story about the 13yr old lad who recently became a Dad and the fake moral outrage which ensued has particularly got my goat."And people wonder why I left the UK" wail Ex Pat commenters at the foot of the online story.This is from people who detest our country so much that they left and now spend their time reading UK Newspapers online and leaving smug stupid remarks.Nevermind the fact that cases of 13yr old fathers are very rare indeed and the teenage pregnancy rate has fallen substantially over the last decade.

To satisfy my inner goat ( he's just a kid),I'm proud to say I managed a bit of successful trolling on the comments section of their headline story today.The item is about a guy who broke into a heroin dealers house and flushed bags of smack down the toilet after threatening the dealer.( the guys brother in law is a regular user and customer).He was arrested for this.Of course all the usual comments from the hang 'em/flog 'em brigade followed, along with the standard "No wonder I left poor old broken Britain" comments from ex pats who live in crime free havens such as Jamaica.

Mark Renton was of course the main character in Trainspotting....

"Quite right that he was charged.You can't go barging into peoples houses threatening them.His brother in law is an adult who chose to buy drugs of his own free will.Nothing was "pushed".The pathetic war on drugs will never be won.Legalise,tax and make it safe.It's the only way."- Mark Renton,Edinburgh.

Click to rate Rating -472

I'm particularly proud of the -472 rating Mark achieved.Managing to piss off nearly 500 Mail readers makes me smile.I just wish I'd added "choose life" to my last sentence!



On the poker front I only played four sngs last night and the contrast between both sets of two games couldn't have been greater.Perhaps I need to play a couple to get into my stride as I was completely card dead in the first two and didn't make any moves to stay afloat.At one point it was folded to me in the sb with Jh2h.The big blind was a multi-tabling regular I knew wouldn't call me too lightly and yet I meekly folded.After those two warm up games I played a $22 + a $33 and took them both down...which was nice.

Righty just back from the pub after a fine bison burger meal.Time to chill out before playing in the RTR forum game at 9pm.

Back soon...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, 17 February, 2009, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Would you let a troll enter your workmans' entrance, if it meant you could take your pick of the Saturdays afterwards?

 
At Tuesday, 17 February, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He haw Mr Welsh.

Teen pregnancy is not in the decline, as per your rant, underage pregnancy is. Quantitive reserch before rash statements please,

Yours etc

Mr Arguementative.

S Lanarkshire

 
At Tuesday, 17 February, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

lol DF,quality comment as always!

Source was Aaronovitch's column in todays Times.Thanks for the pedantic comment though Mr A :-)

 
At Wednesday, 18 February, 2009, Blogger James P McAteer said...

Thanks for the trainspotting vid - forgot how good that film was. It was all downhill for mr mcgregor after trainspitting.

 
At Wednesday, 18 February, 2009, Blogger Nick said...

"Source was Aaronovitch's column in todays Times"

What does the Chelsea owner know about teen pregancy rates??

 
At Friday, 20 February, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found this blog - a good read. Thanks.

As for citizens using violence, I believe the original intention in a democracy was to pass laws which the majority wanted, and which the majority could change if they wished. I suspect that that does not happen now. And less you say that ordinary citizens might not make the 'right' decisions, can I suggest that governments don't always do that either.
So if the majority want to beat up illegal drug dealers perhaps that should be allowed?
Perhaps we don't know what 'ordinary' people want!!! What a terrible criticism that would be of a democratic government. Not ours, of course, which is peopled entirely by honest, competent persons who all know exactly what their constituencies require.

Macaroon

 
At Friday, 20 February, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Agreed HAL,he should have retired after that one!

Nick:Don't come russian back here with more crappy jokes ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment Macaroon.If the majority were in favour of beating up people who fail to use their car indicators, I think I could be persuaded to revisit my arguement :-)

I certainly can't disagree with your last sentence...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document