Friday, February 13, 2009

Follow Follow

After a fine steak and chips pub meal on Wednesday evening I realised I was too tired to play much poker,fired up the ps3 for a bit and only played a few games later on whilst watching the excellent “Shaun of the Dead.”The s-man was over last night for some more Half-life 2 Episode 1 shenanigans and I’ll be heading over there later to get stuck into Farcry 2 and Fallout 3.

A reoccurring theme on poker forums recently seems to be that the game is getting far tougher thanks to the likes of training sites,poker forums and the sheer number of books available.I’ve only been playing sngs for about 1 ½ yrs and haven’t noticed any great improvement in the standard.Playing Half-Life 2 and reading an online walk-through guide helped shed some light on the reasons why this may be the case.

The walk-through guide, for anyone unfamiliar with gaming, does what it says on the tin and literally guides you move by move through the game.Even with such a guide, and despite the author insisting the game was easy to complete on the hardest setting,the s-man and I still progressed more slowly than a Dutch MP trying to get through immigration at Heathrow.

The point is that you can read all the detailed instruction in the world but that isn’t necessarily going to transform your game.Personally I reckon I could make a small stakes sng winner out of just about anyone prepared to listen.( that rules my Mum out, although she has improved greatly!) If anyone wants any free sng turbo help just let me know as I’d be interested to see if it would be as easy as I imagine.

Not much else going on and no plans for Valentines day ( unless Vicky Corens card arrives in the post tomorrow...) other than to pick Nacho up and have a chilled out day.The ex Mrs A did stay over a few times in December,but I think there's probably too much water gone under the bridge for anything to come of it and things have cooled back down a bit since.

Yeah,not much else going on besides the biggest most important Old Firm ( Rangers v Them) game since....the last one.Kick off is 12.30pm on Sunday at the Piggery and as I don't have a ticket this time I'll be stuck cheering my team on via the tv.I was saddened to hear that Gadger,one of Rangers most dedicated fans,died suddenly last week and I hope the Gers can win it for the big man who follow,followed Rangers everywhere.

Ok,thanks for reading and thanks to Poker Playa and Donkey Face for your comments on my last post.Back soon...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, 13 February, 2009, Blogger Amatay said...

gd analogy m8

 
At Monday, 16 February, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Amatay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document