Monday, February 09, 2009

Room with a view

It does feel a bit odd having no Brit Blogger game to play on a Sunday evening.Hopefully it'll get a bit more support when it comes back in some form around April/May time.

I did watch the football as planned yesterday and then fired up 'Stars and took yet another pounding.I recall uttering outloud to myself "well f*ck me with a pointy stick" after another sick beat and the next thing I know there's a knock at my door and there's a man from Pokerstars with said stick and a tube of lube....**

To be fair I wasn't in great form either.I bubbled one $16 after shoving KQ over the top of a limper's raise when I would have had more fold equity making a min raise from utg at a play money table.Of course Mr Fishy Calling Station called with his 66 and I didn't hit.

I was about $150 down from 16 games when the S-man arrived around 9.30 for a ps3 frag fest.As seasoned gamers we seem to have no problem at all find new and exquisite ways to kill ourselves.( always on the "Easy" setting)The S-man has a particular fondness for stepping off platforms into the darkness and an instant certain death.Last night he surpassed that,dying after releasing roller mines from above ( Half-Life2 Ep 1) which dropped down and knocked him into oblivion again.( and again and again!)

After the s-man left I fired up 8 $16's on cascade mode,determined to play well and keen to bank a few $$. I wasn't on tilt, but I was highly motivated to pull back my Stars losses for the weekend and thankfully my set of 8 went quite well and I managed a win and other cashes.The best bit was that apart from folding QQ preflop by mistake,I coped ok with playing 8 tables,even when it got shorthanded.

I'm too lazy and work too hard during the day to come home and simply fire up 8 tables and play for a few hours, although I've noticed a definite tendency to rest on my laurels when I'm ahead for the month and to want to get really stuck in when I'm behind.

Ok,not much planned for this week other than an exciting upwards move at work.Have years of hard work finally paid off? No,we're all being moved to the top floor to allow my company to rent out the floor space we currently occupy.I've not checked out my new seat yet, but according to the seating plan it's right by the window.The window from which, according to my detailed calculations,I'm going to have a view looking right at the treadmill used by nubile girls with large bouncy boobies, who use the gym room kindly made available by the company housed across the road.I mentioned last week I was interested in reducing my hours.This week I'm enquiring about increasing them.....

Back just as soon as I've ordered those binoculars I've been thinking of buying for my new bird watching hobby.....

** Obviously untrue.Stars wouldn't bother supplying lube.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, Blogger Nick said...

Bouncy boobies - good.
Pointy stick - bad.

 
At Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe - laughed out loud reading that one. Esp about the bouncing jubblies.

As I recall, you headdived over the side yourself a fair amount.... ;-)

Man-Of-S

 
At Wednesday, 11 February, 2009, Blogger Mike Smith said...

Enjoy your twitching...

 
At Wednesday, 11 February, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers lads :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document