Monday, March 30, 2009

Coming Clean...

Ok, it's time to come clean and try and retain any readers I have left after my last posting...

I recalled Dr Pauly rewarding his loyal readers by hosting a tourney with a huge overlay to celebrate a blog posting milestone and I thought it would be a laugh to find a way to do something similar...but cheaper.( much cheaper!)

After a few smokes last week I read Ricky Rosa's post on the RaisetheRiver forum where he mentioned he hated reading bad beats in blogs( I always thought they were so popular...)and as it was my 1000th post I reckoned it would be a hoot to write the ultimate bad beat eye bleed post ,but include the words "20 dollars to the first three readers who comment on this post with only the words nobody runs as badly as you.Transfer to stars or tilt".

I could barely bring myself to proof read it before I posted ,but hats off to my most dedicated reader,Mr Cloud from Twitterpoker, who actually waded through all the crap and left the "nobody runs as badly as you" comment to earn himself $20.Mr C was also kind enough to turn it into a staking deal for a few Bloggerment games.It does look like poor Rubbish struggled through the whole post too, but being a tightarse Scot I'm only paying out on comments framed exactly as I requested.I'm sure ribs are pinging all over the world as the mirth of such merry japery takes hold...

Weekend wise I've not been up to a lot.The ex Mrs A was over to clean the flat on Friday night and after I dropped her off I hit the tables and continued to run like the beats posted last time.The S-man and Two Pies were over to watch Scotland lose 3-0 to a fine Dutch side on Saturday night.The main football highlight came earlier.I'm 1/4 Northern Irish and was cheering on Norn Iron v Poland when celtc goalie Boruc took a fresh air kick at a backpass and the ball rolled into the net.Rangers fan and Norn Iron player David Healy's grin at the hapless keeper just added to the happy moment.

After the game the s-man looked on in awe as the King of First Person Shooters ( me) destroyed the Helghan leader to complete Killzone 2.I don't mind playing it on "New Recruit" mode to give the S-man a chance, but I think I'll need to be switch it to "Very hard" or "Legendary" mode to at least try and make it a little more challenging....

On the poker front I've won back most of my Party losses and continue to struggle at Stars.The S-man is popping over shortly for another PS3 session so that only leaves tomorrow night to pull back the near $300 Stars has hit me for this month.Being in a "must get even" mindset is no good for playing decent poker so I've ( almost!)accepted it's going to be a losing month.

Righty,thanks for reading and I promise never to post another ton of bad beats again!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, Blogger Steve H. said...

"Nobody runs as badly as you" - lol Quality.

 
At Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, Blogger Amatay said...

What Steve said. Shiiiiip the 20 pls :-)

 
At Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'After the game the s-man looked on in awe as the King of First Person Shooters ( me) destroyed the Helghan leader to complete Killzone 2.I don't mind playing it on "New Recruit" mode to give the S-man a chance, but I think I'll need to be switch it to "Very hard" or "Legendary" mode to at least try and make it a little more challenging....'

Man, ive barely stopped laughing at that.. ;-) In your haste to post, you seemed to have missed the bit about the s-man slaughtering the Helgan masses, allowing you to take on the leader and scoop up the glory with a lucky shot. Pah.

'No one shoots as badly as you'

$20 please, transferrable to my sweaty mitt.. ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, Blogger Wee Gem said...

What?! Did you make it all up? After I spent hours making a movie about it. Bastard.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090331060928326

Well, it's only the first section. I didn't read the whole post as I found myself reaching for a sharp knife.

weegem

 
At Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, Blogger Mr Origami said...

FFS my eyes are STILL bleeding after hauling my way through the entire thing and you dont even apologise!!?? lol ;)

 
At Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Steve.

Too late Amatay and obv not open to pro sharks like you!

Ahh s-man you must have been breathing in too many herbal fumes...totally deluded!

Made it up WG? I wish that was the case.I just went through Pokertracker and took them from there.I could post complete hand histories from each one though....
Just checked the link you crazy man.LOL.I'll be editing the bad beat post and adding the movie shortly!

You think that's bad Mr O? Have you seen the movie Wee Gem posted yet?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document