Monday, August 03, 2009

Hands in the Air

Just as I arrived at work today my car decided to conk out.I don't have any breakdown cover and was very grateful to the guy next to me at the lights for getting out in the rain and pushing the car hard enough to allow me to jump start it and drive it to the garage, not far from my work where I got it serviced just the other week.It actually broke down again just at the entrance to the garage and needed pushed into their work area.

The alternator had packed in and replacing it set me back £200.Was it bad luck or good luck that it didn't pack in on the country road I was driving down with the dog in the back on Friday night?( in yet more driving rain)

Was it good luck that the car made it into town this morning and more good luck that the guy next to me at the lights was kind enough to help a stranger in the pissing rain? ( saving me a fee to get it towed, a parking ticket or both)

I had also booked this Monday off and if I'd been driving round my local area ( I live 8 miles from Glasgow city centre) I'd also have had to get it towed from there and may also have had Nacho with me too.At the last minute I decided on next Monday off instead.Lucky?

Of course I'm not exactly happy that I'm £200 worse off than I was when I woke up this morning, but it could have been worse I suppose.

My luck at the tables this weekend could also be looked at from a couple of angles.I arrived home late on Friday night,played four $22's and took down two of them for a nice profit.I then played a further 38 games ( all $22's) over the weekend and finished with my Party roll sitting just about where it was after those cashes on Friday.( and even that was only due to winning the last game I played last night).It's a funny old game eh!

I did at least win some praise from Step A on Friday evening for my new Mackenzie sandshoe thingys which apparently are quite trendy.She's mentioned last week that my jeans and t-shirt weren't exactly matching and my trainers ( the legendary Hi-tec Silver Shadows) had seen better days.I've never been one to bother much about fashions but new jeans,t-shirts and shoes were bought and hopefully I've spruced my image up a little!

I'm going to be 37 on Thursday and I can't believe how quickly the years continue to fly by.I still like my trance/dance tunes and was listening to Radio One's essential selection live from an Ibiza club at the weekend made me feel my age.I remember the DJ's cries of "put your hands in the air" and looking across a sea of hands as the thudding bass stopped and hundreds of clubbers felt the rushes which came with top drawer class A's as the musical pace temporarily slowed.Ahh happy days.I felt about 103 the other night,listening to todays top trance tunes with the DJ shouting for everyone to "put your camera's in the air".



Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 04 August, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 28 mate and I sometimes feel old when I listen to dance music and even more so if I ever drive through the town centre on a Friday or Saturday night!

Are music was better though, as were our pharmacuticals!

 
At Tuesday, 04 August, 2009, Blogger Amatay said...

Tuneeee

 
At Thursday, 06 August, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Agreed Pud.They may have been dearer but they sure hit the spot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document