Friday, November 06, 2009

Thanks + Car Pics







Thanks to all who commented,called,emailed etc after my last post.I've finally stopped coughing up blood today ( not major amounts or I'd have listened to my folks and gone to the Docs)and the Ibuprofen is helping the pain I'm still feeling from my bruised kidneys and sore back.Burnley Mik commented that I wrote that last post in a fairly matter of fact manner and in truth I don't think it all really sunk in until Wednesday night when I went to bed and couldn't stop shaking.

My Dad sent me these pics today after collecting my stuff from the car which has now been officially declared a write-off by the insurance co.Looking at them makes me realise I may have been unlucky that the pallet blew into my path but I was running one helluva lot better when it came to where the lamppost hit the car!

I'm still in too much pain to pick up the free ( won't seem free when I get next years insurance renewal through the door!)courtesy car I've been offered although I'm hoping to be well enough to get it next week sometime.More importantly I'm also going to have to miss my 2nd Gers home game in a row and I can't remember the last time that happened!

On the dating front although the lady is lovely,she is also 43 and doesn't want more kids.She asked me by text before we met if I was open to falling in love and I replied that I'd been there and done that ( obv the ex Mrs A was 12 yrs older and couldn't have kids)so I'm not sure we've much of a future.She did stay over last Saturday and we both agreed we had a fine time so hopefully a repeat will be on the cards at some point,possibly when I'm not feeling like I've been trampled on by a herd of rhino's!

On the poker front I've only played a few games and there's not much to report.It did seem crazy that I ran so hot in September at Party and then from the 1st October the deck was as cold as ice.Actually it's probably not that crazy as hot/cold swings over a couple of hundred games are standard sng fare.

Ahh well at least this weeks shennanigans are a good excuse to post this top tune!

Back soon...

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At Friday, 06 November, 2009, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Wait did you get shagged while spitting up blood? Props if you did! heh.

 
At Friday, 06 November, 2009, Blogger badcallthat said...

very lucky imo! someone was smiling on you sir, should of played a 1k buy in when you got home:-)

 
At Friday, 06 November, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hehe Sir.Edited the post to show it was last Sat she stayed over.Not that much of a hero...

BCT:I didn't feel lucky on Mon night but looking at the photo's now makes me realise what a close call it was.

 
At Friday, 06 November, 2009, Blogger _Kronsdat said...

Sheeeeeeeeeit Acorn that looks horrendous. These things can be so left field. A mate of mine was hit by a car coming onto a crossroads and ended up with permanent damage to his eye. Hope you are making a good recovery.

 
At Saturday, 07 November, 2009, Blogger Nick said...

Looks remarkably like an accident I had a few years ago - got hit by a drunk driver in exactly the same spot.

Like you, I felt calmish immediately afterwards - but it shook me up big time afterwards.

 
At Sunday, 08 November, 2009, Blogger Juice said...

Ah bad luck acorn, at least you are in one piece! hope you make a full recovery soon! Hopefully no permanent damage! J

 
At Monday, 09 November, 2009, Anonymous theboylaz said...

Blimey that looks painful...

Good to hear you're on the mend

 
At Monday, 09 November, 2009, Blogger Mr Origami said...

Shiiiiit, shoulda just driven into the crate!!

 
At Monday, 09 November, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers lads and yeah Mr O next time it's full speed ahead into the damn crate!

Good to hear from you Juice.Hope life's treating you well mate.

 
At Sunday, 15 November, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just heard the news from Fi "the Daily Telegraph" that even makes it over state side. My only question is what the fuck were you doing sitting on the right hand side of the car you crazy bazza? Ok poor joke I'll talk to tomorrow - stay safe my good friend

The Cod

 
At Sunday, 15 November, 2009, Blogger Mair said...

Hope you are feeling a bit better G, unbelievable pics of the car wow!! No wonder it took a few days to sink in, shock usually does that.

Take care of yourself.

M

 
At Sunday, 15 November, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Speak to you later Cod.Good to see you registered for the bloggy.

Feeling a bit better Mair but still in a lot of pain down my right hand side.Hope to see you at the Bloggerment later too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document