Monday, December 21, 2009

Friends will be Friends...

Friday was great.I took Step A out for Mcd's and probably sounded like a right old git as I warned her about boys with hormones and pushed her to keep working hard at school.I was a bit unsure on the alcohol front( she came home drunk a month or so back) as I certainly don't want to encourage her, but at 15 I was drinking too and nobody had ever told her the basics such as not drinking on an empty stomach,having a glass milk before going out and trying to drink lots of water before bed when she comes home.

Anyway the place was busy and I asked her to get us a free table as I queued to save time."But then I'll have to shout to let you know where I am", Step A said.As I could sense her unease at drawing attention to herself I assured her I when I heard her call out, I'd jump on the fast food counter,swing my arms round in a windmill pointy fashion and yell,"There's Step A" at the top of my voice.That got a smile.

After dropping her off I was home in time for the visit of Al Eleven ( the San Jose Salmon aka Miami Trout) and Mrs E.We had a fine old night on da herb, although since Al is smoking less these days he had to accept the downgrade from his previous "Iron Lungs" nickname to the more realistic "Pink lungs poofter" moniker.( though to be fair I added the poofter bit just now!)

Al,Mrs Eleven and the S-man are coming over tonight ( assuming I'm not snowed in by then) and once again I'm looking forward to chewing the fat with a few of my closest friends.Apologies to the Big Chap and Dudley as we're not going to get a poker home game this time round unfortunately.

If it doesn't piss Mrs E off too much we might get some Call of Duty played tonight too.I'm really starting to get hooked on the online game and my kill/death ratio is improving slightly too.The s-man takes the run+ gun LAG ( loose aggressive) approach and I stick to my TAG ( Tight Aggressive) style of mooching around trying to sneak up and knife people.

I also finally got round to watching the first episode of Prison Break ( liked it too) and that hasn't left room for much poker recently.

After the Bloggerment last night ( congrats to Mair on winning it) I watched Barney win his first round match at the World Darts Championship and then hit up the $22's where I couldn't get a hand to hold or hit for about 10 games before I finally took one down and cashed in a couple of others for a break even session.

Oh and I listened to the Radio 1 charts for the first time since I used to tape my favourite singles from it when Bruno Brookes presented it back in the day.I have to own up to cheering loudly when it was finally announced that the X-Factor winner had been beaten to the Xmas number 1 spot by Rage against the Machine with their "Killing in the Name" song.GIRUY Cowell and co! I don't use Facespace,Mybook or have any other web presence other than this blog, but I take my hat off to those who organised the campaign and I'm look forward to next years X-Factor smasher already.( "Holidays in the Sun" perhaps?)

Righty,enough wittering for now.If I don't post before the 25th then have a Merry Xmas reader! Enjoy the vid...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 22 December, 2009, Blogger Nick said...

My missus and I also listened to the charts this week (first time since 1912), and had the exact conversation about "taping the charts".
Anyone got a TDK D90??

 
At Tuesday, 22 December, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

cheers for the comment on my blog matey, you have a good xmas n newyr too :)

 
At Wednesday, 23 December, 2009, Blogger United113 said...

The problem with next years charts is that you'll have everyone trying to get different songs to number one after this year. Especially since Simon Cowell has offered the people that ran this campaign a job at his record label.

I'd probably say to try and get the pogues to christmas number one!! It is a song that a lot of people will be buying before christmas anyway

 
At Friday, 25 December, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no home game .... wtf ????

i was so looking forward to seeing you all .... well, the Vickster anyways :) he he he he

have a good one, and get well soon ffs !

regards

dD


word ver - lican .... oh oh .... foxy's big brothers are on your case !

 
At Saturday, 26 December, 2009, Blogger Wildcat said...

Happy xmas and best wishes for the new year!

 
At Sunday, 27 December, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh TDK D90's.Who needs MP3'S?!

Sorry Dudley.We could barely organise a piss up in a brewery let alone a poker game!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document