Thursday, November 26, 2009

Skoda Man

The Big Chap,s-man and the Don Man were over last night for an evening of Modern Warfare and smokes.I had done some three tabling at the $22's beforehand and ran horribly so it was good to play a game where running/playing badly doesn't actually cost $$! After last months $10 profit I'm only up about $60 now for this month at Party and breaking even overall.That may have pissed me off previously but after walking away from the car wreck a few weeks ago I'm not going to moan about being unlucky.( not for a few more days at least!)

I did finally feel well enough to take a Ford Mondeo diesel for a test drive and I wasn't blown away by it.The bottom line is that a Skoda Octavia 2 litre Sport FSI ( petrol) caught my eye on the web at a garage through in Edinburgh and I've agreed to buy it from the local branch of the same garage subject to the test drive going well.They should be bringing it through tomorrow.I'm still taking the co-codamol and can't sleep on my right side ( my fav) and my leg isn't 100% yet either but I'm certainly in a far better physical state than I was 3 weeks ago.The other good news is I did manage to get back on the horse and drive again as I've had a few flashbacks and freaky moments thinking about the accident I was in.



I really haven't played a great deal of poker recently but will be cashing out £700 to cover the difference between the insurance payout on my Focus and the Octavia.I had paid off my previous car loan with poker winnings and paying £700 now means no car loans etc for at least another 5 years or so.Thanks once again to the Party/Stars donks for their contributions!

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels:

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 26 November, 2009, Blogger snoopy1239 said...

Hi mate. any chance of a link to blackbeltpoker.com. Happy to put a link to you on our blog, blackbeltpoker.blogspot.com. Let me know and I'll add. Ta. Snoops

 
At Thursday, 26 November, 2009, Blogger The 80th Minute said...

You didn't like the Mondeo???
I love it!

But I have to admit that the Octavia has improved a lot. It is a Volkswagen but with a different logo.

Have fun with it!

 
At Friday, 27 November, 2009, Blogger Mr Origami said...

Did you try the 130 Mondeo Diesel or the standard? The 130 is great. And.....its not a Skoda ;)

 
At Friday, 27 November, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the Lada test drive went well...

s-man

 
At Saturday, 28 November, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Snoopy.I'll add the link shortly.

Drem,Mr O: It was the 2 litre TDCI ( 130) I tried and it sounded like a taxi! I didn't expect it to be as quick as my ST170 but I didn't like the diesel turbo lag much.

Theboylaz:LOL.I remember those jokes well and if you'd told me 20 years ago I'd be buying a Skoda I'd never have believed it.

S-man: You're getting a doing tonight ya bass :-)

 
At Saturday, 28 November, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah ffs .... do ineed to make a donation to NFWS then .... ;)

regards

dD

 
At Monday, 30 November, 2009, Anonymous Martin said...

A Skoda?

Seriously, it's a good car but I'm quite surprised you didn't like the Mondeo.

 
At Tuesday, 15 December, 2009, Blogger Misnaefus said...

Well done on buying something with your Poker Winnings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document