Saturday, July 28, 2012

Jaw Dropping Stuff....

Incredible,spectacular and one of the greatest sights I've ever witnessed in my lifetime.I was absolutely spellbound from around 9pm onwards and don't mind admitting there were nearly tears in my eyes as I watched it unfold.Yes,I finally managed to get some hands to hold up on Stars and finished 6th in a $27,$20 Gtd Tourney for a much needed $800 bankroll boost.As ever when it's not a win I do wonder what might have been if the hand below had held, but I'm not going to dwell on that.

Although I had that decent cash last night I felt my play wasn't consistent enough.One minute I was feeling in the zone and on top of my game ( see hand below) and at other times I donked off stacks with stupid calls and silly moves.( see below if you like but I'm not posting examples!) I did watch the Olympic Opening ceremony as I played and perhaps the key to last nights profit was changing my Stars avatar to the Union Flag for the duration of the games....

I thought Danny Boyle did a great job and I loved the music from the Sex Pistols and Pink Floyd being included.Some other great music too and generally keeping it to short bursts of songs for the "No attention span generation" worked well too.The only aspect that annoyed me was that they did the team introductions in French first followed by English.There's probably some reason for that but I did think it was a bit merd!

Back soon....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document