Friday, August 03, 2012

A hard and gruelling life...

Well after 18 years of happily digging into my pocket at work for all the birthday/leaving/pet hamster needs an op envelopes that go around the office, it was finally my turn today.My seat was covered in balloons and Happy 40th banners.My colleagues also bought me shop vouchers,a Roary the Racing car t-shirt,a huge cake and my old boss even wrote a poem.It began...

"Heartiest congratulations Acorn on reaching the big Four-O

You've had a hard and gruelling life and fuck us,does it show"

My birthday isn't actually that close ( aprox 3120 minutes,187200 seconds to go) but I took Monday off and they did the presentation today.No plans for the big day other than going out for a late lunch with my folks.I'm just looking forward to a day off work and a late night playing tourneys on Sun night.Step A also sent me a text to say her and Nacho have bought me a present so I'll be popping over to see her at some point too.

My Dad also emailed me a video ( cine film I think) of my Mum carrying me into the house for the first time after I was born.Incredible to think that the wee baby boy in that film would go on to own his own Roary the Racing car t-shirt just 39yrs 363 days later...


The poker actually went quite well last weekend.I made two more final tables and although I ran 44 into A9 and QQ into A8 to finish 4th and 6th it gave my roll another much needed boost.

Back soon...

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 05 August, 2012, Anonymous Rosie said...

Happy Birthday :)

 
At Sunday, 05 August, 2012, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Rosie,hope you had a good one too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document