Saturday, July 02, 2005

My Fave blogs

I started this blog after reading http://www.sirfwalgman.blogspot.com/ and
http://www.thepokerchronicles.com/. Both great reads and now also enjoying http://www.gcox25.blogspot.com/ and I've decided to ask a couple of these guys to link to this blog and ask if its ok to link them up.( I think thats the lingo)
I had intended doing that when I started but then my sister fell ill and my idea of a light hearted look at poker and life just wasn't going to be reflected in my blog but now my sis is on the mend and life is looking better again I feel a bit more confident about sharing my thoughts with anyone daft enough to want to read and comment on them :-)

Ok now on to the important stuff...


Just a small session last night but my note to self in my last post about complacency seemed to work. Up $10 for 40 minutes of .25nl.

Back to my winning strategy of finding a 10 max table with high flop % and high ave pot size and only 4 or 5 players none of whom are over the max $25 buy in.The ave pot size may only be $9 or $10 but its a lot easier to make money there than it is at a full 10 max .50 nl table with the same ave pot size.The players are much more fishy and shortstacks with only a few $$ can't wait to go all in with their K9 etc pre-flop.Of course there are more suckouts due to idiots but in the long run you got to love these players as because of the low $$ level the suckouts usually aren't for too much.I've been tempted to say "lucky fish" etc when they do suckout but I prefer "nh lol" when they call my pf raise and take down my rockets with J7 o/s.

I don't tend to tilt from bad beats ( not saying its never happened but I'm getting better) if I feel I've played the hand correctly.Its when I'm angry at myself for playing like a fish that I need to be careful.

Nothing worse than watching someone take a shortstacks money,the shortstack rebuys for full buy-in and then leaves after the next hand because the player who took his shortstack has been laying into him for his terrible play.Don't tap the aquarium as they say.

Anyway by the time I'd left the .25 nl table it was 12.50am and with work in the morning my bed was calling.However a $5.50 5 max turbo sng was calling as well and that was the call I answered. I decided that as it was late I would play really very aggressively if I got a good hand.Well 3 hands in I get 88 and raise $300 and knock out 2 players and take the chip lead when I hit my set on the flop and bet out. With 3 left I raised up the next hand with AQ on the button and all folded.Next hand I got AQ again and raised the same and got a caller.Flop came 6 Q 2 rainbow and when I bet some idiot must have thought ( maybe giving him/her too much credit there) I was at it and put themselves all in with a just a the middle pair which I called instantly.Down to 2 and I had a major chip lead and it didn't take long to finish the game off and book a $17.50 win and a 100% SNG record for the night....

Bankroll now sits at $766 after 25,000 hands and is heading in the right direction.Just need to cope with the swings and keep it that way....

2 Comments:

At Friday, 01 July, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

Hey brother,
Welcome to the community and thanks for the compliments. I haven't been at this very long and am still feeling my way.

Consider yourself linked and good luck on the felt.
GaryC

 
At Thursday, 07 July, 2005, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Thanks for reading. I like the blog. Interested in seeing how it goes. It seems like your off to a good start though. Handling the bad days is the real key to a good player. Of course you have not mentioned if you have hit an extended losing streak. It will happen. That is when you really get tested. Good luck! I wish you the best, and if you ever have any questions/comments please feel free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document