Sunday, July 03, 2005

Rocket Man

Firstly a big thanks to http://www.gcox25.blogspot.com/ and http://www.sirfwalgman.blogspot.com/ for letting me have a link on their sites and for the kind words.

Started my night by crashing out of a couple of Sng's to bad beats.Well not too bad but I was the favourite before the flop.In the $10 sng I went all in with Jd 10s on a Js 8s 3s board and got called by a loose player with 8c7h who then hit his 7 on the turn to knock me out with no more spades.
$5 sng was a similar story but while I was favourite I wonder if I'm playing too many coinflips even if I have been fav pre-flop.I read somewhere that to win an MTT ( should maybe check with Gcox after his win! Very well played) you need to win with AK v a pair and win with a pair v AK.Probably true for an MTT but $5 and $10 sng's can be won without accepting every coinflip on offer and I need to remember that.Well at least until they start going my way....


Went from there to the $1nl table and played 126 hands over 3hours.Bought in for $100 and was as low as $66 and as high as $171 but finished up $4.75.

First decent hand was 99. Bluffallin raised $2,I reraised him to $10 and got 1 other caller.I had expected it to fold round to bluffallin who I thought would live up to his name for his last $11 but when the flop came 3c kh 9c I had an easy job calling both players all in bets ( cost me $14).Bluff had 7c6c and the other guy KcQd and with AsJs on the turn and river I took it down.

Ok the post title is Rocket man and heres why....Got them 3 times last night and they cost me $22. First hand I won uncontested after a $4 pf raise.

The second time I decided the table was weak tight and broke the golden "never slowplay aces" rule by limping in with them from mid position.Flop came jc 9c ks and when it was checked to me I couldn't give any more free cards ( assuming I was still ahead) so bet $4.One caller.The Ah came on the turn and I bet $10 with my set and was raised $20.Alarm bells rang but villan had only $9 left and I figured my set was still good so put him all in and took the pot after the 2h on the river.He had KdQh.

Now for the hand that cost me $58. It was raised to $4 by a regular raiser so I popped it up to $12 and the bb called and when the original raiser folded I thought I was in good shape to end the night.This was my 6th last hand though and my "last hand syndrome" wasn't going to bite me again.( or so I thought)
Flop came Jc Jh 6c and my opponent bet out $20 forcing me into the tank to consider his holdings.I was holding a fairly potent joint at the time aswell as bullets but it was a clever bet by him as I put him on QQ or even KK and I reraised him to $40.When he put himself all in for a further $6.75 the crying call had to be made but the 9d on the turn and 2c on the river helped neither of us and he took it down with JdKd.

So thanks to Pokerrooms $10 player points bonus the bankroll sits at the same $765 it did before I started!

Long lie today and finally made into Pokerrooms Major Player points tourney by finishing in the top 200 of the qualifier.This is the tourney I cashed in back in March.3rd for £350 and 4th for $150 a couple of weeks later.Not made it through the qualifier for a few weeks though so looking forward to it .

Been watching Live 8 too.Hope it all makes a difference when the G8 leaders meet here in Scotland next week.Most of the bands so far have been great but its the reunion of The Floyd which I'm looking forward to later.I've heard they will do Money,Comfortably Numb and Wish You Were Here so it should be awsome.

Tourney starts in 20mins so time to spark up my preperation and tear it up.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 07 July, 2005, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

SNGs are crazy. I find the best strategy. Take it easy early. Call/Go All in with Monster pre-flop hands like AA/KK. I would avoid all in with AK.. unless you feel lucky. I would fold alot of marginal hands. No need early on to risk too much. I then re-asses my situation when the blinds hit $50. Have I won that one "Magical" hand that doubled me up? Am I on the low end with 500-600 chips? If I have a nice stack of 1200-1800 then I wait and let the other small stacks die so I can make the money. If I am a small stack I take more risks and try and double up so I can out-wait people. The thing I take to heart in these things is something in an email from one of the Pro Players: You are playing for 3rd. Once you make that, you can be a little crazy and try and make the big money.

 
At Saturday, 16 July, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Sir.Thats kind of how I try and play them.( try..).Playing tight early makes stealing easier later when the blinds mean more.
All the best at the tables.
Little Acornman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document