Saturday, August 06, 2005

Birthday Boost

First thanks for the flood of Birthday wishes.I'm still sifting through both messages.lol.

I began the night at Interpoker.I had registered with them a couple of months back as I'd read that the bonuses were excellent.I've read the bonuswhores.com site and until Pokerrooms recent promo I felt I was really losing out by playing there.I hadn't played a game at Interpoker when they changed their bonus requirements so I never bothered to play. They sent me a happy birthday email crediting my account with $10 so I spent a couple of hours building it up to $29 before my flopped set lost to a higher flopped set and the adventure was over till my 34th birthday.I did actually quite like the software but Pokerroom is still streets ahead in my opinion.

Back to Pokerroom and played 2 $5.50 Sng's and came 4th and 1st for a $15 profit.

Went to .25nl and 3 tabled for a while reckoning I wouldn't get the chance to play crap hands if I was on 3 tables.Left after winning $20 over a couple of hours and was pleased to say I played fairly well.Moved to $1nl and played for another 2 1/2 hours for $22 net.Finished off by losing $10 at 5 max after 40 hands.I was going to keep playing but it was 5am and my eyes were closing so I hit the sack.No point in playing 5 max if your not feeling sharp.$46 up for the night and the bankroll back over $1k at $1011.

Woke up today to breakfast in bed.Rolls with egg and tattie scone and a fine cup of tea.
Mrs A gave me Medal of Honor European Assault and some other bits and bobs.Had a go at it already and its quality.My Mum and Dad are giving me some cash so I can decide wether to buy a new throne or flat monitor.

Decided to stay in and have a chilled out day.Mrs A has popped round to one of her friends houses for a cuppa and a gossip so I'm going to walk Nacho then roll myself a big smelly birthday dooby and hit the tables and blogs.( connection permitting).

I'm listening to the Rangers game on the radio.They are away at Inverness today up in the Highlands and have just gone 1-0 up.Our rivals also lead 1-0 so we need to keep our lead to stay at the top of the league table.

Juice thanked me for my comments on his blog and I'd like to say thanks to all who comment on this one.Its not always easy coming up with stuff that wouldn't send an insomniac to sleep and any comments etc are more than welcome.

I feel I've learned a lot from reading the other blogs on my link list.Some great strategy advice and poker thoughts.I even enjoy reading about other bloggers bad beats and downswings.The poker table can be a lonely place and its nice to feel your not alone if you've had a few bad nights and get a few words of encouragement if you have.I found the Blogfathers blog through
http://www.gcox25.blogspot.com/ whose own blog just keeps getting better. I'm only at Nov '04 but loving it .http://www.guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/ is the link.I'm still trying to work out if he's really a little person or just at the wind up!Either way his blog is a cracking read.Damnit!

Have a stoating Saturday.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 06 August, 2005, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Happy birthday Acorn. I hope you've had a good day.

 
At Sunday, 07 August, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Edge.I won at the tables so it had to be a good day!
cheers,
Little Acornman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document