Sunday, August 07, 2005

Festival Week

Had a fine day yesterday just chilling with Mrs A who made me a great birthday dinner.
I'm trying to persuade her that my birthday is more than just a one day event and more of a week ( weekend at least) long festival of celebration meaning more of the tv remote for me and more requests to top up my drink etc.She's not for having it suprisingly.

Going out for dinner with my folks and the Acorns shortly then renting a DVD of my choice for this evening.

Last night though Mrs A was finishing her book so I played a bit of poker.Entered a 412 player $5.50 MTT tourney and came 16th for $21.A combination of tight play and some blind stealing but didn't see a lot of good cards late on.Must have had J4 o/s about 50 times.I enjoy these tourneys and it was nice to make the money.

I did manage to lose $37 at .25nl whilst playing the tourney so after it finished I moved to $1nl and when I was down $35 at one point I had a feeling it wasn't going to be my night.
However the Poker Gods must be aware that its my birthday festival this week and gradually I turned the session round in my favour.

My 66 turned into a set on the flop and luckily my opponent had 55 and made his set too and I took a chunk of his stack when he went all in.

$28 from AA and then my 77 saw a flop of J J 7 and I took another villan for another few $$$ when he bet out on his KJ.

Overall up $60 at the cash games over 5 hrs 33 plus $21 from my tourney leaving my bankroll at $1090.

Once again though it became clear to me how much this great game we all love is a battle with self more than anything.I was running well at the $1 nl and made a few decent laydowns. AJ after a preflop raise from the villan and a flop of A 5 9 which he bet out on.I called his post flop bet but when he bet out again on a blank turn I ruled out QQ KK and folded.He said he had AQ so I was glad of that one.

When I'm up in a session I play better poker than when I'm down and while thats probably not a suprise I need to get to a stage where I play every hand the right way no matter how the sessions going.

Ok time to get the dog walked and get ready to head out..The Birthday Festival continues.....

3 Comments:

At Monday, 08 August, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

found your site linked from willwonka's site. my wife is from scotland and she supports rangers to...which pretty much means I supoort them because I'm an american and don't know anything about real football. anyway, just wanted to post a comment.

 
At Monday, 08 August, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

LittleAcornMan,
Good post as always. Glad you had a good birthday.

I'm thinking of downloading PokerRoom for my next PSO promotion. Any tips, hints, good or bad games, etc. you could share beforehand would be greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work.

GaryC

 
At Tuesday, 09 August, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey Jason its nice to hear from another Bluenose.Championeeeees!
Hope to see you at Ibrox one day.
Little Acornman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document