Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hump day update

Played in Ladbrokes freeroll last night and bombed out 108th from 844.I was in the BB with 88 and it was folded round to the sb who put in a min raise.I thought it was a steal or a 50/50 at best and as I was sitting 85th I decided to push all in for my last 4k in chips only for the villan to turn up 1010 and knock me out.When I first saw my 88 I told myself to "avoid getting knocked out by a higher pair" but then went and did just that!

Moved to a full ring .50-1 nl game and left $10 up eventually after dropping $20 reloading and winning $30.Someone bluffed me out of a pot at one stage and showed his hand.After I've done the same so often in the last two nights I could only think of that old phrase of what goes around comes around!He was only really showing off to his friend who was a railbird but it did annoy me for about 30 seconds.

Not much else to report from the tables last night.I did lay down a set of fives on a scary board but to be honest the full ring game wasn't too exciting and I ended up 2 tabling for a while.After hours of 6 max is hard to go back to "wait for a monster" mode.

I did finally get to see some WSOP 2005 coverage on Challenge tv but wasn't very impressed.It seems to be aimed at non poker players with more on player profiles than actual play.Then it shows a player going out the tourney but not what the cards were! I usually have the Poker channel on in the background when I'm playing.It shows internet poker but you see the hole cards.Quite a good learning tool when they are showing higher stakes tables.

I've added a couple of new blogger links and removed one who hadn't updated since August.I've also added DoubleA's and Iggy's party pokerblog.I wasn't sure about the etiquette of simply adding bloggers I like to read to my list but can't see that its doing any harm and I hope that if those guys ever stumbled upon my blog they wouldn't mind.

If anyone has been added to my links and wishes removed please just say and it shall be done.The same goes for any other poker bloggers looking to be linked up to this here blog.Just give me a shout and consider it done.

Ok happy hump day everyone.Hope your getting all the humping you can handle....

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 30 November, 2005, Blogger Ignatious said...

heck no, i dont mind. thanks for the link. i'll be pimping yer uber fantastic blog next time i do an update. keep up the fine werk!

 
At Wednesday, 30 November, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No need for thanks.I'm truly honoured you stopped by.
It's like the lead character in a favourite book coming to life on my wee blog!

Thanks for the kind comment.Very much appreciated.

-ev tho.I've been sitting staring at my screen for 1/2 hr and not played any poker!Gonna roll another fat one and hit the tables.

cheers,
Little Acornman

 
At Thursday, 01 December, 2005, Blogger Jimmy said...

I just found your site through Iggy and it's a good read, You'll be a fine edition to my list of blogs that help the workday go by faster! I'm gonna link to you through my feeble site as well. Take care.

 
At Thursday, 01 December, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Mr President.Consider your site linked.
Another contribution to the destruction of workplace productivity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document