Thursday, February 16, 2006

Blame the Mrs!

Stayed away from the poker on Valentines night and watched the excellent Hotel Rwanda with Mrs A.Made my bad beat stories and complaints about people not using car indicators etc seem pretty damn insignificant.

Only played for ½ hour last night at Party and would have made a small profit it it wasn’t for Juice and Mrs A!

I’m not sure what Juice said to the poker gods but my 6 max table had gone 3 handed when I get 23 sooooted on the button.I bet $1 and get one caller.Not keen on that as despite it being my fav oddball hand I really just wanted the blinds.Flop comes 2 3 K rainbow.Villan bets $2 and I double that to $4 which he calls.I’m sure he probably has the King and I have him by the short and curlies when the turn brings another King.He bets out $6 and I curse my Juice Jinx and fold!

Moved to a full ring table and I’m $10 up quite quickly when Mrs A wanders over to say goodnight and relay news of some magazine article she read about someone gambling online ( not poker) who wins at first but then loses it all and kills himself.I’m sitting folding garbage and showing her my bankroll update and a couple of my poker accounts cashier page just to show her I’m doing ok and not on the road to ruin.

I also pointed out the stuff we’ve bought from cashouts.Lets go up to bed and sleep on our poker bought mattress!

To be fair she did say she knew I was doing ok but I hope the reassurance helped.I am going to get out of my cupboard more though.I know people joke about whether it’s a gambling problem if you are winning but when I realised the other day I’ve probably only had Xmas day off completely from the game ( I did squeeze in literally 5 mins of poker whilst Mrs A was showering on Valentines night) its becoming too much of an influence in my life.

Like GaryC I’m giving serious consideration to buying a laptop so at least I can join Mrs A on the couch while I play.I also smoke a lot in that cupboard and with it being under the stairs there’s no real ventilation and that can’t be good although I think Mrs A is being very selfish in not letting me fit a chimney…..

Anyway Mrs A gets the blame for my $6 loss for the night after I let her decide whether to call or not with 77 on a J high board.I advised I reckoned the villan had top pair or trips but she went for the call and lost to a set of sixes.”Nevermind we were unlucky” she said.That’s what I get for trying to point out the skill involved in poker!


Bought “The Making of a poker player” by Matt Matros today for taking to Egypt next month.I’m going to buy a few more books and some PSP movies too to keep us amused.Just over one month to go before we’re off to sunny Sharm El Sheik.Looking forward to it although I’d better make sure its only books I take and not any cartoons…

Not much more from me today.Watched a lot of internet poker on the poker channel last night but I still haven’t seen any decent WSOP 2005 coverage.The UK has 2 Poker channels and loads of other channels show poker but ( maybe I’ve missed it) I’ve yet to see any coverage of the main event.If I want to watch pathetic so –called celebs butcher the game then no problem but the final table of the biggest event in the poker year…no chance.

Hold on the biggest poker event of the year aint no WSOP main event.Who’s the Dadiii?

If your not in yet there’s still time to register at Pokerstars for the tourney tomorrow at 2am UK time.

Ok thanks for reading and hope to see you at the tourney tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 16 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

If you play trash what can you expect if the turn stinks?

 
At Friday, 17 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It was 3 handed.You can't wait for AA! If he had a K he hit a 2 outer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document