Friday, February 17, 2006

Its Dadi day!

Busy house last night.We had Grandson Josh staying over.His Dad ( Mrs A’s boy) and Mum are clearing out their stuff from their army house in Cypus before moving to Edinburgh next month.

Read some blogs after the wee man went up to bed before giving into to my poker obsession and hitting the tables around 10.30pm.

Decided to play a HU $5 tourney at ‘Stars to try and prevent me playing like a complete fish in tonights Dadi event.It was my first ever HU sng and apart from the fact the constant action reduced my rolling capacity I really enjoyed it.

4 players start and the 2 HU winners play for a $20 prize.I won my first match after a marathon 45 min game.The villan had sucked out a couple of times but though it took me a good while to adjust to the format I eventually made it through to the final.

My first hand was AA and although I raised before and after the flop I didn’t play it hard enough until the river and discovered my opponent had hit both his Q and 9 on the turn and river to knock me out.Probably deserved it.I reckon I’m going to have to get very lucky to have any chance tonight.

Moved over to Laddys after that for some .25-.50 6 max.Won $20 in a fairly short time then headed to Juice and Rosies table for some .10-.20 full ring fun.

Congrats to Juice on making $500 in a month at these table.A fine achievement though it has to be said these tables are fish fests.Players raising UTG with KQ, calling all ins with Ace rag and family pots with all ten players in the pot not unusual.Rosie must have made a good few $$$ too recently and is not a girl you would want to tangle with in a pot!

Dropped $5 before winning it back and adding another $5.Hit the sack just after Rosie and Juice left.Juice has mentioned being in Glasgow on Sunday and we’re hoping to meet up for a game of pool if he can make it.My cousin has asked me if I’m up for a live game at the Wabash club and I’ve already agreed but if Juice does make it for once I’ll be choosing pool over poker as it would be an honour to meet up with a fellow poker blogger for the first time.

A pokery night in store tonight.I still require 72 raked hands to make Laddys $100k Sat freeroll and at 2am its Dadi time.

Off to Ibrox to see Rangers play Hibs in the league.We’ve lost out last 3 games to them which is unacceptable.Still no news from Rangers on the new manager situation.Supposedly because its linked to a large investment and no details can be released due to stock exchange rules.Still hoping its Le Guen but won’t believe it till I see him on the famous marble staircase.

Ok have a great weekend and don’t forget to sign up for Dadi on ‘Stars.

Here’s a few funnies for the weekend… Have a good one..


No handicap: WE asked what should happen to all the redundant pub ashtrays when the smoking ban comes in next month.

Jim Gordon in Edinburgh is worried about the fate of a chap he met in Fife. He tells us: "Years ago a friend and myself were playing pool in the Kilconquhar Inn, where we had the table to ourselves until the local Union rep popped in for a drink on the way back from a meeting.
He challenged us to a game of pool and duly whipped us three or four frames on the trot.

"The relevance of the ashtrays is that to our shame he only had one arm and used an ashtray, with its groove for a cigarette, as a rest for the cue."

Theme tunes: Rangers supporters still endlessly debating on the fans' website if Frenchman Paul Le Guen will ever be named as the new manager, have turned to song.We particularly liked the Vera Lynn plea:We'll meet Le Guen, don't know where, don't know when. And The Three Degrees melody:When will we see you Le Guen?When will we share precious moments.

Class act:A nurse delivering a sex education lesson to a class of first-year pupils in Glasgow was treated with world-weary cynicism when she asked if they all knew what a condom was. Sadly, it was only when she said she was going to put it on a courgette did the class sit up and ask, "What's that?" in baffled astonishment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document