Thursday, March 16, 2006

Missed Monsters

Still off work today and still feeling like I've been run over by a truck!

Hit the tables late last night after a day in bed.Didn't feel much like playing and probably shouldn't have as my streak of bad play and bad luck continued.

Sat down with Juice at an Interpoker $.25-$.50 6 max table.Within a couple of hands I'd folded KQ to a raise only to miss out on a big pot after a flopped straight.I then raise $1.50 with AJ and Juice reraises me by three times that.( aprox). I respect his play and fold. My decision was right as he held KK however when the flop came A J J and another big pot missed me I was wondering which shops accept "correct decisions" as payment.

My logic for thinking I made the correct fold was that when I considered the range of hands Juice would reraise me with I was behind every one.On the KQ hand I'd just been watching internet poker on the poker channel and they were discussing what KQ could be ahead of when considering calling a raise with it.In future to hell with the books and experts.In my game at 6 max those hands are probably worth seeing a flop with so long as I can get away from them if they don't hit especially as it was a fairly loose game.


This prompted me to make a bad decision and limp with AQ.Not much action until the turn and river came with first one Queen then another.I bet heavily and was reraised all in.The full house crossed my mind but I made the crying call to see that the villans Q2 had me beaten.( He had the boat).

Juice was kind enough to say "unlucky" and perhaps runner runnering ( hmm is that a phrase?)
two Queens whilst holding AQ and losing is a touch unfortunate but if I'd raised preflop Mr Q2 would probably have folded.

Rebought and won back $10.Juice headed off about 1am and I moved to £.15-.25 6max. I only include the two hands below in this post as a reminder to myself that sometimes thats just the way the game goes and the players who won these two hands are the kind of players who've helped build my bankroll to where it is today.Also the kind of players I felt like skewering on a shitty stick last night but hey I've chilled since then.

Maybe it was my fault for forgetting that J9 is the number one hand in Holdem.

------HAND 5------
Game #1893858963: Hold'em NL (£0.15/£0.25) - 2006/03/15 - 20:32:52 (ET)
Table "Scarlatti" Seat 4 is the button.
Seat 2: Nielsen (£46 in chips)
Seat 3: Zagga (£44.20 in chips)
Seat 4: Hippoman (£20.18 in chips)
Seat 5: JATO (£43.38 in chips)
Seat 6: Gazoline_ (£17.76 in chips)
JATO: posts small blind £0.15
Gazoline_: posts big blind £0.25
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Zagga [Ts Td]
Nielsen: folds
Zagga: raises to £1
Hippoman: folds
JATO: calls £0.85
Gazoline_: calls £0.75
----- FLOP ----- [2h 9s 5s]
JATO: checks
Gazoline_: checks
Zagga: bets £1.80
JATO: calls £1.80
Gazoline_: raises to £5
Zagga: raises to £8.20
JATO: folds
Gazoline_: raises to £16.76 and is all-in
Zagga: calls £8.56
----- TURN ----- [2h 9s 5s][4s]
----- RIVER ----- [2h 9s 5s 4s][9c]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Gazoline_: shows [9d Jd] (Three of a kind, Nines, Jack high)
Zagga: shows [Ts Td] (Two Pairs, Tens and Nines, Five high)
Gazoline_ collects £36.42 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot £38.32 Main pot £36.42 Rake £1.90
Board [2h 9s 5s 4s 9c]
Seat 2: Nielsen folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Zagga showed [Ts Td] and lost
Seat 4: Hippoman (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: JATO (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Gazoline_ (big blind) showed [9d Jd] and won (£36.42) with Three of a kind, Nines, Jack high


------HAND 5------
Game #1894123603: Hold'em NL (£0.15/£0.25) - 2006/03/15 - 21:11:21 (ET)
Table "Lilian" Seat 5 is the button.
Seat 1: Kkmagic (£37.63 in chips)
Seat 2: atoullis9 (£12.10 in chips)
Seat 3: slimj (£25.70 in chips)
Seat 5: Zagga (£32.25 in chips)
Kkmagic: posts small blind £0.15
atoullis9: posts big blind £0.25
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Zagga [Kc 3h]
slimj: folds
Zagga: raises to £1.50
Kkmagic: folds
atoullis9: calls £1.25
----- FLOP ----- [Ks 5h 9h]
atoullis9: checks
Zagga: bets £3
atoullis9: calls £3
----- TURN ----- [Ks 5h 9h][6c]
atoullis9: checks
Zagga: bets £8
atoullis9: is all-in £7.60
Returned uncalled bets £0.40 to Zagga
----- RIVER ----- [Ks 5h 9h 6c][Jc]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Zagga: shows [Kc 3h] (A Pair of Kings, Jack high)
atoullis9: shows [Js 9d] (Two Pairs, Jacks and Nines, King high)
atoullis9 collects £23.15 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot £24.35 Main pot £23.15 Rake £1.20
Board [Ks 5h 9h 6c Jc]
Seat 1: Kkmagic (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: atoullis9 (big blind) showed [Js 9d] and won (£23.15) with Two Pairs, Jacks and Nines, King high
Seat 3: slimj folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Zagga (button) showed [Kc 3h] and lost


My Interpoker account is sitting at a poorly $675 from around $1300 just a short time ago.Not the most pleasant run in the world but as I've said previously thats why I have the bankroll I do.

Off work until a week next Wednesday.We leave on Sunday morning for Sharm El Sheikh.I just hope this flu type virus thing clears up by then.I've explained to Mrs A and Step A that I have a man cold and that its far far more serious then any mild cold symptoms females suffer from! The sympathy they both extended me was well simply....non existent!

Here's a snippet from the paper before I go..

Turnberry Hotel will be celebrating its centenary this year with a series of events, including the publication of a book of staff reminiscences. It will include the tale of millionaire former owner Jim Sherwood, American saviour of the Orient Express, who, during one Turnberry visit, phoned reception, politely inquiring: "Can I have dinner in my room? Would that be possible?"The story goes that he was told in frank Ayrshire tones: "You own the company, so you can have what you f***in' well want."

Don't miss a monster.Flop one...

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger Jimmy said...

So you didn't get the memo about J9 being the hand of the week? I thought I sent that out to all donkey's, lemurs and alpacas. You must not be on my mailing list :)

In all seriousness, you'll get out of this funk soon. Take care.

 
At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks President and don't forget to include me on next weeks list!

 
At Friday, 17 March, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Have a good trip. Are you going to be diving out there?

 
At Friday, 17 March, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Mr Edge. No diving but plenty of snorkelling.Visited an area they call The Blue Hole at Dahab last time.It was like swimming in a tropical fish tank.( like laddys 6 max!).

Can't wait to don the mask and tube again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document