Sunday, March 12, 2006

Royally Flushed...

First off congrats to Rosie on coming 57th from 1333 to win $412 at the Laddys weekly hands freeroll.( I was 903rd).She played some great poker and I hope I learned something just by watching.

Had a shocker of a night at the tables personally.Lost $470 at Interpoker as I entered pure poker hell for a few hours.I'm not going to harp on about how unlucky I was.I did have a kind of lightbulb moment when I realised that unless I'm on a rush then this game will always be about taking two steps forward then one back.You can get your money in as an 80% favourite every time but that one time in five I lose is exactly as expected and if it should happen that I lose 4/5 then I should be storing up some positive variance for the future.

I think as a competitive person the hard part about poker is that its not like Virtua Tennis on the PSP.I've been playing that tennis game for weeks and have finally won the tourney final.Now that I've played a lot and learned all the moves I can win every time and even relax a little on the early rounds knowing I don't need my best game to win.

Poker requires me to play my "A" game every time.Even if I am better than the other five at my table its still only a small edge .

All that doesn't mean I'm not hacked off about last nights suckout nightmares only that I accept that poker is a game of swings and so long as things are swinging my way over the long term I should stick to my gameplan.

I didn't lose $470 playing $25nl. I'd stepped up to £200 and £400 nl so I suppose a swing of $470 either way is not way out of line for 6 max nl at these levels.


The good news is that I've only 3 more raked hands to play to clear a $100 bonus at Interpoker.A most welcome wee boost.

The other good news is that I scored my first ever Royal Flush last night.I had my fingers crossed the villan had A10 but I wasn't that lucky.

----HAND 21------
Game #1848686013: Hold'em NL (£0.50/£1) - 2006/03/11 - 23:51:21 (ET)
Table "Elmtree" Seat 4 is the button.
Seat 1: Gamer26 (£86.50 in chips)
Seat 2: shinwell (£51.50 in chips)
Seat 3: Zagga (£97.25 in chips)
Seat 4: Ace_bich (£363.41 in chips)
Seat 5: Fakenip (£31.75 in chips)
Fakenip: posts small blind £0.50
almamala joins the table at seat #6
Gamer26: posts big blind £1
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Zagga [Qc Kc]
shinwell: folds
Zagga: calls £1
Ace_bich: calls £1
Fakenip: calls £0.50
Gamer26: checks
----- FLOP ----- [Ac Tc Jc]
Fakenip: checks
Gamer26: checks
Zagga: checks
Ace_bich: bets £1
Fakenip: folds
Gamer26: folds
Zagga: calls £1
----- TURN ----- [Ac Tc Jc][4c]
Zagga: checks
Ace_bich: checks
----- RIVER ----- [Ac Tc Jc 4c][Ts]
Zagga: bets £12
Ace_bich: folds
Returned uncalled bets £12 to Zagga
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Zagga: shows [Qc Kc] (Royal Flush)
Zagga collects £5.75 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot £6 Main pot £5.75 Rake £0.25
Board [Ac Tc Jc 4c Ts]
Seat 1: Gamer26 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: shinwell folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Zagga showed [Qc Kc] and won (£5.75) with Royal Flush
Seat 4: Ace_bich (button) folded on the River
Seat 5: Fakenip (small blind) folded on the Flop

Watched Rangers cruise past Kilmarnock 4-0 at Ibrox yesterday.Paul Le Guen has finally been confirmed as new manager which is fantastic news.

Played until 8am again this morning.Still feeling very tired after getting up at 2pm.I plan on making the Dadi tourney but it will depend on how I'm feeling tomorrow.

Sunday figures are ... Interpoker $810 ,Ladbrokes $1332 ,Party $261,Pokerroom $779. Total $3082 ( - $461 for week).

I'm off to work off those raked hands and give myself a $100 head start for my last week of work and poker.This time next week I'll be in sunny Egypt.


Vive La Revolution!

Edit: Just cleared my $100 bonus.Bought in for £80 at a £.5-£1 nl 6 max table.My fourth hand was KK.Ended up all in preflop V AA. Down £80 in record time and feeling like I'm never going to win a pot again.

Most of the time I enjoy playing poker but last night and tonight have been fucking miserable.I still have $3k online and I'm tempted to withdraw the lot and be done with this crap.

Either that or cut the self pitying garbage ,get my head together and hit the tables ready to make good decisions on every hand.

Deal me in!

8 Comments:

At Sunday, 12 March, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, 12 March, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Hello Acorn,

You need to hold it together. It seems almost perverse that you can play winning poker but still lose every hand in the session. Even though its not about winning pots if you arent winning any hands its hard not to get dillusioned. When every hand goes against you it seems like nothing you do can buy you a win and nothing you do can get you away from a beat. The truth is everyone loses. Even pros. Everyone makes mistakes and even the best players will have strings of losing sessions. The key i think to dealing with it is to start each session with a clean slate. Forget the past and just accept that whats happened has happened. You cant carry that emotional baggage.

Just concentrate on each hand and each decision. Book a few wins. String together some winning sessions and before long the cards will start to fall again.

Youve earnt far more than me in my short poker life. Trust your skills!

And remember

Greed is good.

Sunday, 12 March, 2006

 
At Sunday, 12 March, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey thanks Juice.Wise words indeed.
Much appreciated.
Its not skill thats the key to this game.Its dealing with the swings!

 
At Monday, 13 March, 2006, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Hey Hey...

How you been?

Just wanted to make sure you got the word regarding the HUC3. There is one time slot that works for my UK friends at 2 p.m. EST. So if you want in make sure and visit the HeadsUpChallenge site and get your name on the list.

Laters...

 
At Monday, 13 March, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey Veneno thanks for considering us UK bloggers.I'm going away for a week this Sunday so wont be around.

Hope you kick ass and take it down V!

 
At Monday, 13 March, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Acorn,

The edge wants to bank roll an assult on $100 nl.

Hes giving me a 500 roll to do it.

Any suggestions for sites where we can bonus whore?

and we can play .5/.1?

 
At Tuesday, 14 March, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Bonuswhores.com is probably best for advice.I'd go with Interpoker ( sign up via pokerlistings) for one of the better bonuses plus they do a monthly $90 reload.

With a $500 roll I'd play no higher than $50 nl and even thats still taking a shot.With the right table selection you can easily find $25nl or $50nl tables that play like $100nl ( pot sizes).

Don't give up on 6 max either after a couple of bad starts.A couple of fish at a 6 max table and its shooty in time!

Good luck..

 
At Tuesday, 14 March, 2006, Blogger Poker Jones said...

One of the toughest (but terrifically satisfying) aspects of poker is righting the ship by getting back to the game that got you here in the first place. We here all the time about discipline, discipline, discipline. Something to be said, said, said for that. And when the donks continue sucking out on you, keep repeating "Theory of Poker" wisdom that when you get your money in the middle with the overwhelmingly best hand then you win and the donk loses, regardless of the outcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document