Sunday, February 26, 2006

Back with a bang

Started my poker last night by losing $15 at a ring game before playing in a 6 player $3 sng at Ladbrokes for readers of a Rangers forum I use.We were down to three in quite a short time but the 3 handed battle raged on for far longer than I expected.You'd have thought the difference between 1st and 3rd was hundreds of $$ and not just $6! I eventually won after and hour and 20 mins play to take down the $9 prize!

Winning that though probably gave me the confidence boost I needed to have one of my finest nights at the tables.I didn't win hundreds but I did deal with my AK/AQ being busted by Ace rag hitting their kickers on the turn after the money was in by keeping calm and not steaming.It was 3rd time lucky and the next time I had AK and it on the flop it finally held up V A10 and for once it was me stacking the chips.

Played mostly .50-1 nl 6max and finished at 4am $170 up for the night.Being emotional at the table is a recipe for trouble but as soon as I switched my pc off I felt damn proud that I'd managed to rescue my week with a decent nights play.

Figures are Party $199 ( inc $100 dep) ,Interpoker $1322,Ladbrokes $1300 and Pokerroom $777. Total $3498 ( not inc Party dep) + $17 for week.

Yep its only a $17 profit but considering how it was looking this time yesterday I'm just happy to be in the black for the week.

I'm never going to be rich though.In the next few months I've got Mrs A's dress for my sisters wedding to pay for along with a present,holiday next month,holiday in June,Rangers season ticket ( £500 aprox) and my car insurance (£700 last year).That doesn't include getting the "sporty" sounding holy exhaust fixed or any other repairs to the car or my flat which I still own and rent out.

I have been a good Acorn since I remortgaged my flat last year and paid off my credit cards.At the end of next month my balance will be about £100 in total on them.I have £25k in available credit.Can you pay for WSOP seats with your card? LOL ( couldn't resist a lol.every blog need more of 'em LOL).

Not complaining though.Far from it.I've had my season ticket for about 10 years ( ever since I stopped working weekends) and would never give up my seat.The car insurance may be cheaper this year.I drive an Alfa 156 2.5 v6 .Even the fuel costs me around £130 per week but its the best car I'v ever had.Looks great and drives like a dream.

The holidays we could cut down on.Mrs A was looking through an old briefcase last night and there were loads of tickets from our first year together.We saw Irvine Welsh plays,went to cinema,go karting and I even took her to a couple of Gers games all of which we don't do as often these days as we are usually saving for our next trip abroad.

To be honest having a poker addiction makes and a tiring job mean it too easy to spend weekend after weekend playing and not enough time getting out and enjoying life.

I hate getting older if the truth be told.I'd love to be 23 again with the life experience I now have.I have a terrible fear of getting old and getting ill.Footballers tend to retire around my age as they say the legs start to get heavy and though I run up and down 3 flights of stairs at work every day and I'm probably fitter than I was a decade ago you can't stop the shifting sands of time.

These days most people live longer and as 40 seems to be the new 30 ( right Gcox?) I should stop whinging and just get on with it.Despite my paranioa over every lump or bump I ever have apart from my smokers cough and a touch of IBS I'm in good health and damn grateful for it.

Ok back with more next week...

5 Comments:

At Monday, 27 February, 2006, Blogger Rod said...

Hey - I'm 52 and feelin fine - it's your brain - as long as you keep doing things and not dreading getting old you doing great.

Don't FEEL you have to act old just because you are suppose to.

I listen to ROCK and not Frank Sinatra (although I'm wondering if Pink Floyd is the new Frank). hmmmmmm

 
At Monday, 27 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey Grinder Pink Floyd is acceptable at any age!

Fair play to you though.I'd have put you as early forties from your photo.( its not 10 years old is it?!)

 
At Monday, 27 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Whilst melua is acceptable at no age!

 
At Monday, 27 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

She's no Madonna but she's good!

 
At Saturday, 04 March, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Madonna is a walking skelton.

I bet she knows what happened to the dinosaurs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document