Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Desmond

Just back from Ibrox where Rangers and Villareal played out a Desmond ( Tutu) before 50,000.The card display before the game was amazing but we fell behind to a penalty after only 7 mins when Prso handled in the box.

Lovenkrands equaliser was an absolute peach from outside the box but a dodgy looking offside goal gave them the lead before an own goal pulled it back to 2-2.

We now have to win in Spain or draw 3-3 or more due the away goals rule where away goals count as double if scores are level.At least we still have a chance I suppose but once again some of the managers team selections were way off track.

I heard tonight that Paul Le Guen is a 99% certainty as the new manager but as I've said before I'll believe it when I see it.Attracting a coach of his calibre to Rangers would be fantastic for us and Scottish football.Watch this space...

To the poker and I moved away from the full ring and hit the 6 max Party $25 nl tables for 1/2 hr last night for $11 profit.

Also discovered a fine new blog via TripJax's "blog of the week" post.I've added Opoker to my blog list and I'd recommend a visit.I found it fascintating to read an NL player who's trying to overcome a pain threshold of $1k but can deal with losing a $600 hand when I'm still learning to handle losing any pot over $100.

His post from Feb 15th to demonstrate the swings at shorthanded $5-$10nl should be a lesson to anyone thinking of playing above their bankroll.

I don't consider myself gulity of the above offence.If anything I'm too cautious but I'd like to have at least $5 k in my roll before moving up and beyond $100 nl 6 max.Maybe I just have the "fear" and should just grow a bigger set of balls and give it a go but I've spent too many hours playing this game to lose my roll because A) I can't handle the higher levels b) the bad beats get me.

I may come across as being quite laidback about my poker future and in many ways I am but that doesn't mean I'm easy on myself over bad plays and mistakes.Already its Thursday tomorrow and I'm probably about even for only a few hours play since Sunday.I've got this drive inside me to try my best to post a profit every Sunday but I feel as if I'm stuck in poker limbo land sometimes.

I work damn hard all day and want to enjoy my hobby and not feel compelled to play because I've targets and goals to hit but then I'm not the type of player who always plays his "A" game.That could simply be down to playing so often but the paradox of not wanting to set too many goals and targets is that I play better under a little pressure from myself and from knowing I have to post my results here.Ok I don't have to post them here but I don't want let things slip and feeling accountable to myself in this space seems to help.

End of tonights ramble.Discovered today I can no longer accesss bloglines from work or post from work which is frustrating.I'll keep posting from home but as Gcox mentioned its not easy to come home and post after a long day at the fun factory.

That's all for now...

7 Comments:

At Thursday, 23 February, 2006, Blogger cmitch said...

Thanks for the mention. I enjoy reading your blog also.

I definitely wouldn't move up before you are ready. When I set up the outline for my $50K Challenge, I set 20x max buy-in for moving up to the next level but was considering 25x max buy-in. Waiting until you hit $5k (25xmax) to move up to 200NL sounds like a good idea.

FWIW - The level of play between 100NL and 200NL isn't much different.

 
At Friday, 24 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Hey acorn,

This is what the film dodgeball has to say about your lack of "goals"

Kate: Do you realize that you have not collected membership fees in 13 months? I'm curious, is it really apathy or do you not have a goal in life?

Peter: I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you do not have one you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell you, it feels phenomenal!

 
At Friday, 24 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thx for advice Cmitch.25 x max is probably the best option for me.

Too late Juice...I have a goal!I'm aiming for a $5k roll in time for my retirement in 2038...

 
At Friday, 24 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, 24 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Retirement in 2038? You dont have that long to retirement surely ;-)

 
At Friday, 24 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Aye and thats if it stays at 65.
I deal with aprox 8 complaints a day.Only 86,015 to go...

 
At Tuesday, 28 February, 2006, Blogger TripJax said...

glad i was able to help you add someone to your blogroll. he's a great read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document