Friday, February 24, 2006

Poker break

Its true! I played no poker at all on Wednesday night after the game.None.Zlich.Nada.What a difference a day off makes.

Played at Partys $50 nl full ring and won $50 for my 1 hr 1/2 work.The difference was that I was far more tuned into the table and who was doing what instead of just going through the motions waiting for a big hand.Ok I still waited for big hands but also siezed a few opportunities to see cheap flops from late position and that paid off a couple of times.

It was loose game so as per The Theory of Poker I also cut out the bluffs/semi bluff and bet more to protect when I did make a hand.

Finally got my Party account over $200 after buying in for $100 and getting a $20 bonus.I'd like to get it over $400 before withdrawing my original $100.

I mentioned above being more tuned in but the main benefit of a night off was renewed patience.I was down at $45 without having played a hand before I made my mark.Once again some of the play was dreadful.Players all in preflop with 33,A10 etc.I won a $30 pot when my Aces held up v 1010.Now I've been all in preflop with 1010 before but only against the loosest all in every hand type of player and not someone like me who hasn't played a hand in 20 minutes and is suddenly ramming and jamming.

I have noticed there seems to be a lot more chat at Party than most other sites.It was fun watching the table coach go down in flames but only a matter of time as he was such a poor player.

I read a lot of bad reviews about Party before signing up but thus far I've been quite impressed with the set up.The play is quick and the software looks good enough.I do wish it would give the full betting history of the previous hand in the chat box ( like Pokerroom) but being able to easily access the full hand histories to see what the fish are betting with is great and a feature that kept me at Pokerroom for many months.

Nothing exciting in store for this weekend.Used up my excitement quota last weekend at the football on Saturday,meeting up with my favourite gangster Michael Coreleone. (**Edited due to comment left by Prince William Soundalike) on Sunday not to mention participating in the famous Dadi tourney on the Friday night.

I may head off to Govan to watch EK Thistle play away from home or if I end up playing poker until late then a well deserved long lie could beckon.

Only three more weeks of work before Mrs A and I head off to sunny Sharm.80f there today and more of the same will do me nicely.

Here's a couple of wee funnies from the paper before I go.Have a great weekend and may you hit dem flops hard!

Root problem: A Scot visiting Sydney found a bar showing the Rangers v Villareal game, with the only downside being the channel using American commentators. Thus, he had to grapple with their description of "locker room" for the dressing room and "midfield stripe" for the halfway line.Much amused were the Australians in the bar when the commentator said the Man Utd manager Alex Ferguson was "rootin'" for Rangers manager Alex McLeish. To the Aussies that meant a close familiarity not expected between football managers.

Further news on President Bush's plans to protect the United States from bird flu. Apparently his officials had to talk him out of making a pre-emptive strike on the Canary Isles.

3 Comments:

At Friday, 24 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

PRINCE FUCKING WILLIAM!

I am not POSH!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

 
At Friday, 24 February, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Every flush would be a Royal one :-)))))

Ok I'll stick to calling you The Don from now on...

 
At Saturday, 25 February, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

at least i dont look like jaspur carrot! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document