Thursday, March 09, 2006

Power of Poison

I had just logged on last night and had been flicking through a few of my favourite blogs.I was reading Veneno 's latest post and having a laugh at her suckout goddess antics when my opponent in a Party Poker $50nl full ring table felt the power! My game popped up and there were two Kings staring back at me.

I had $45 of my $50 buy in left and ended up all in preflop.After writing about giving my opponents more respect I put the villan on anything from JJ-AA or AK/AQ.At Party it doesn't show the hands until all the board cards are out.Four sweet diamonds to add to my Kd gave me the flush and a sweet wee pot. I was half expecting the villan to show an Ad but his AA contained no diamonds and the pot came my way.

I wore a big goofy grin and shouted "I won,I won!". ( see Felicia's think like a fish post!).

Donked off $8 at Interpoker before hitting the sack for the night but that wee $28 score at least puts me in profit for the week.( break out the cigars )

Apologies to any regular readers for the lack of decent or even semi-decent posts recently.Some weeks I feeling like I'm bursting full of pokery nonsense and I make wee notes to myself to include this or that in that days post and other weeks like this one I just seem to churn out writing not much further advanced than the diarys I wrote when still at school.

In my defence I much preferred posting during the day.The ideas seemed to flow more easily than they do after a long hard day is over and I just want to relax rather than commit thoughts to my blog.

Possibly after 240 posts and nearly a year ( end of May) of this I just feel its gotten a bit stale and repetitive.I try not to but I can see why other bloggers leave week long gaps between post sometimes rather than lower their standards.I've cut down slightly on my posts recently though I have such short attention span I'm amazed I've actually stuck with poker/blogging for so long without moving on to something else.

Ok now for something else. ...( from the paper )

So, what's the most annoying thing you've ever been sent in an e-mail? We reckon it's the following instruction: "While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles with it."Now, while doing this, draw the number six in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction."Yes, no matter how often we try, it works every time. Blast.

Time to persuade Mrs A to turn the tv down so I can give my new Dave Gilmour cd another listen.I love The Floyd and have most of Gilmour and Waters solo stuff aswell as the bands albums.

Going to play in a Rangers fans sng at Laddys shortly.Our chairman announced a £48 million retail deal today which should give Le Guen ( assuming its him) money to spend in the summer on new players.Roll on.

Good luck and remember... there were Arabs with knives at the foot of the bed,right at the foot of the bed.Oh my god how did they get in here....

4 Comments:

At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

The most annoying thing I've ever been sent in an email was an invitation to sponsor a corporate road trip! How can people expect me to pay for their holidays?

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger The Poker Enthusiast said...

Thanks for the good luck. I have a long way to go.

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

It wasn't Juices trip to Glasgow was it Mr Edge?

Good to see you back btw.


No probs PE.Got a long long way to go myself.

 
At Friday, 10 March, 2006, Blogger Jestocost said...

One of the best things about the new Gilmour album coming out is that Sirius (satellite radio service in the U.S.) has devoted an entire week to Floyd/Gilmour music on one of their channels. That means I get to hear esoteric old stuff like "Careful with That Axe, Eugene" and "Astronomy Domine." If they play "Several Species of Small Furry Animals All Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict," my week will be complete. (Musically, at least.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document