Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sat update

Had fun at the tables last night after watching little Angola hold out for a 0-0 draw with Mexico.Check Juice's latest post for a clip of Cambiasso's goal for Argentina which was a thing of beauty but for me the other beautiful thing about football ( and most sports) is the unpredictabilty of it.It may have been 0-0 but the chants of A-N-G-L-O-A as they headed towards the final whistle gave me goosebumps.For a country at civil war only 4 years ago and where the average annual wage is £1k ,it was great to see the joy on their faces at snatching a draw.Looking forward to the Czech V Ghanna game aswell as the USA v Italy later on tonight.Can't see past the Czechs and Italians in those game though the Czechs do have a few injury problems.

The Portugal V Iran game is on just now.2-0 to Portgugal after 80 mins.If Iran lose I think they'll beheading home...


Rangers have signed a new goalkeeper from PSG on a free.Welcome to Scotlands best supported team,Lionel.I've heard he's the French equaivalent of celt*cs ex keeper Rab Douglas which is a bit worrying as big Rab flapped at everything but I'll wait to judge him for myself.

To the tables and not much joy at the sng I played with Juice,Rosie and Mr Edge.I think I was rivered but I'm sure I sucked out before then so no complaints.Had a frustrating time at the Inter cash tables after with nothing holding up though I have claimed $10 from Inters pocket Kings weekend promo.Balance at $70 ( with $10 to come) .

Played in a $10 + $1 ,$1k gtd with 117 others and managed 12th which just about covered my entry fee.I was annoyed at myself as I was in 6th and pushed all in for 13k chips with KJ sooted in the sb but the BB ( had me covered) woke up with AQ , called and knocked me out.If I'd just raised to 4k ,I could have folded if he came over the top but Ifs don't win poker games.

Decided that despite setting the challenge and only playing about an hour of cash table poker all week,that I would move back to $50 nl 6 max at Laddys and see if the weekend late night loonies were out and about.Left $45 up after a couple of hours play and a few wee swings.I was playing the Inter mtt at the same time so I think my Vpip stat hit around 14% whilst the table average was nearer 50%.

Loved the article in The Sun today,"Net Losers",about the horrors of Internet gambling and how it's a ticking time bomb.The Sun loves to dramatise and always brings young children into the equation to add shock value. "And rocketing numbers of young people-including children as young as 11-are blowing thousands in marthon cyber-betting sessions". Obviously getting too much pocket money....

Mrs A is home after having a fine time in Millport.Not much to update tomorrow as I've not played much poker over the last week but I'll probably post the stats anyway.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend....

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 17 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

when are you going to bring Step A into the family business?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document