Sunday, June 18, 2006

Six appeal

First off well done to the USA for a fine battling 1-1 draw with the Italians last night especially as it was 10 men v 9 for a good part of the game.I thought all the sendings off were deserved though the Italian,De Rossi,should get a long ban for his nasty use of the elbow.The commentator mentioned football possibly not taking off in America due to lack of goals and excitement but sometimes football drama is more subtle than just goals, and watching nine exhausted Americans give their all and more to keep the Italians out ( after the USA started the better team when 11 v11) made for dramatic viewing.With Ghanna ( who were a joy to watch v the Czechs) having two players suspended I feel the USA can beat them and it's anyones guess who will progress from that group now.U-S-A!

The title was Sng rush and I'll get to that in a second but bad news first and I managed to blow $30 on a daft "last hand syndrome" hand when I raised 10bb preflop with A6 ( 6 max as always) and bet the pot on a J J 10 flop and was called by QK who hit a K on the turn and called my all in.The villan had nae odds postflop but I can see that he wouldn't put me on J as I'd bet out postflop so possibly put me on a pp 22-99.AA had to be another possibilty with the way I'd played it but he'd stayed in to hit his Q/K or straight and wasn't going away at that point.I mentioned before being in the wrong frame of mind and after six sng's I was in the wrong game mode for 6 max.The villans last £10 was not his tournamenent life.In an SNG he may have folded.Lesson learned..again!

Anyway this is a happy post not a whine because my SNG luck finally changed and from six played last night I won four and came second and third in the others.Only $5 sng's and not exactly the Wsop but felt good that most of my moves worked and I even sucked out successfully on a few occasions.One difference was that apart frm the chat with Juice ( happy birthday btw) ,Rosie and MiasDad,I was really focussed on the table and who was doing what instead of reading blogs etc! Rosie also won one and placed too so a good night at the tables all round.I wish I could remember more about individual hands played but I just remember being very tight early ,making a few good folds and being ultra-aggressive when very shorthanded.

Sunday stats are Inter $50 challenge account $ 153, Ladbrokes $1245,Pokerroom $1067. Total $2465 ( + $237 for week).

Over to Maw and Paw's with Fathers day card/beers before returning to see if Brazil go up a few gears for the game with the Aussies.Argentina look unstoppable on all the evidence so far though my outside tip,the Dutch,are looking good to qualfiy after a winning start.We've had drama,small nations getting historical results and Argentina scoring a beautiful goal.It would be magic to see Brazil really get it together and create the football poetry we know they are capable of.

See you at the Pokerstars blogger tourney tonight.9.30pm Uk time...

8 Comments:

At Sunday, 18 June, 2006, Blogger Rosie said...

no! no, its 9pm - not 9.30

 
At Sunday, 18 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thx Rosie.I'm in.

Busy night here with Step A,bullies and police.Don't ask!

 
At Sunday, 18 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Thanks acorn.

I now know whats its like to be an old man.

 
At Sunday, 18 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

p.s hope step a is ok.

 
At Sunday, 18 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thx Juice.She's ok.Police were great but they do seem to be getting younger....

 
At Sunday, 18 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

poor step a, perhaps you want to arrange some blogger vigilanty group? ;-)

 
At Monday, 19 June, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

How did the blogger tourney go last night?

 
At Monday, 19 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I like that idea Juice.How about martial arts expert,Mr E,as first recruit?!

Err it didn't Mr Edge.3 rd hand I was out with KK v AA....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document