Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Xmas

Last night I watched a bit of tv,read some blogs and walked Nacho before once again playing in Ladbrokes $10 late night crapshoot.From 327 starters I managed to finish 19th for a whopping $31 payout.I feel I played quite well,got lucky once or twice and ramped up the aggression whenever it was folded to me.At sng’s my flop % seen is usually the lowest at the table but last night I was the loosest at 24%.I didn’t feel as if I was playing a loose game but I was raiding blinds with my Ace rag hands and at one stage was all in on a preflop steal with a pair of fours.

It’s called a crapshoot for a reason though and with 18k in chips and blinds of 3k/6k I pushed with a shiney Qd10d when it folded round only to be called and beaten by AK.I wasn’t miles behind when the money went in and have no complaints at all.I did fold AK to a preflop raise all in from a tight player at one point and could possibly have taken a chance, but if I’m going to be all in preflop with AK, then I’d much rather have some fold equity and at least be first in the pot.

Hoping to play some poker tonight.Miami Mark n Mrs MM are home in Glasgow and coming up tomorrow night for drinks n smokes along with another couple and hopefully S-man.Looking forward to it as it’s usually one of my favourite nights of the year.


I’ll probably not be posting as often over the festive period.I will be trying to avoid last years Xmas eve bankroll disaster when between Dec 24th and 27th I lost $800.Hmmmmm nice.

Before I go I did enjoy following a link from Katitudes blog and completing a poker IQ test.I scored an average 106 and seemed to excell in some areas and score very poorly in others.No more tourneys for me according to The Donkey Test.My speed % may have beaten zero if I hadn't left laptop on in the middle of the test whilst I went and picked Mrs A up from the shops.

It's probably more for fun than anything else because although they give scenarios and options you can never really know how to play a hand unless you are there and can take all factors into consideration.



Righty that's all from me until after Xmas.( stats only update will be posted on Sunday).

Have a great Christmas!

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 24 December, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

and merry christmas to you Mr Acornman!

 
At Thursday, 28 December, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

i've just done this and got exactly the same score.

Either very spooky, or everyone get's the same......

 
At Friday, 29 December, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

That is a little spooky Md.Still, I've always thought you have a fine understanding of the game.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document