Friday, December 15, 2006

Donkey tale

The night began well with The Gers winning 1-0 at Ibrox to top our Uefa cup group.We've drawn Hapeol Tel-aviv and if we beat them we've got another potentially winnable tie in the last 16 with a game v Bordeaux or Ossasuna.First up is the small matter of the Old Firm game on Sunday at 12.30pm.I'm feeling a bit more confident after the last couple of weeks but in all honesty I reckon it'll probably be a draw which is no good to us as it would leave us still trailing the orcs by 16 points in the league.Still I'm looking forward to the usual 90 minutes of madness from the most passionate football derby in the world.

I'm usually a slow burner when it comes to the game itself.I start off feeling quite calm ,with few shouts of support before kick off,, but just one meaty tackle or poor decision from the ref and the football fever takes hold and I'm on my feet going ballistic.Ahh well two sleepless nights ahead before the big one...

To the poker and I donked off $65 last night when I was probably too tired to be playing at all.I knew I had my team lunch today at work and a half day after that so there wasn't much motivation for an early one.I came 3rd in my first $5 sng with the s-man before he knocked me out in the next one with his A6 v my Big Blind not so feckin special 106 on a 6 6 rags board.S-man is fairly new to poker,is developing a solid game and after the turn my instincts said I was outkickered but I wasn't good enough to make the fold.

Moved to a very loose 6 max cash table and couldn't believe some of the play.The fish I was to tangle with later called a large preflop bet with j6 off V AsQs.The flop came Ad 7s 3s.The fish called a large post flop bet and the money went all in on the turn after a Jack fell.Another Jack on the river won him the pot and my desire to get in a pot with him.

He made a few more moves like that and was soon down to his buy-in of $50 when I called a raise from the player to my right with AQ.To cut a long boring story short the fish called too,the flop came Q 6 3,the fish had 63,I didn't believe him and it was adios buy-in.

I should probably have hung around but I moved to another table only to tread water for 20 mins and leave a few dollars up.

Ok,I've had a big lunch n a big smoke.Time for a wee sng maybe..( or a sleep!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document