Saturday, December 02, 2006

Let's get this party started

Borat was excellent last night.Arrived home and hit the tables only to suffer another frustrating night on the virtual felt.My Kings ran into flopped quads and then trips 8's before this hand finshed off my last £40 at Interpoker...

It was a loose table with £27 average pots and I'd been trying to keep my head down and wait for a good spot to commit my chips.At least I was ahead when the money went in I suppose....


Game #2661278503: Hold'em NL (£0.50/£1) - 2006/12/02 - 00:30:19 (ET)
Table "Flax" Seat 6 is the button.
Seat 1: Bangole (£65 in chips)
Seat 2: Golly_w (£182.33 in chips)
Seat 3: Shwinator (£27.25 in chips)
Seat 4: Zagga (£34.25 in chips)
Seat 5: Elise777 (£29 in chips)
Seat 6: Maudas001 (£33.75 in chips)
Bangole: posts small blind £0.50
Golly_w: posts big blind £1
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Zagga [Ts Td]
Shwinator: raises to £3
Zagga: calls £3
Elise777: folds
Maudas001: folds
Bangole: calls £2.50
Golly_w: raises to £10
Shwinator: calls £7
Zagga: calls £7
Bangole: calls £7
----- FLOP ----- [6s 5d 9h]
Bangole: bets £12
Golly_w: raises to £24
Shwinator: is all-in £17.25
Zagga: calls £24
Bangole: calls £12
----- TURN ----- [6s 5d 9h][6d]
Bangole: checks
Golly_w: checks
Zagga: bets £0.25 and is all-in
Bangole: calls £0.25
Golly_w: calls £0.25
----- RIVER ----- [6s 5d 9h 6d][9c]
Bangole: bets £7
Golly_w: folds
Returned uncalled bets £7 to Bangole
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Bangole: shows [9d Ad] (A Full House, Nines full of Sixes)
Shwinator: shows [7c 6c] (A Full House, Sixes full of Nines)
Zagga: shows [Ts Td] (Two Pairs, Tens and Nines, Six high)
Bangole collected £21 from Side pot #1
Bangole collected £106 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot £130 Main pot £106 Side pot #1 £21 | Rake £3
Board [6s 5d 9h 6d 9c]
Seat 1: Bangole (small blind) showed [9d Ad] and won (£127) with A Full House, Nines full of Sixes
Seat 2: Golly_w (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 3: Shwinator showed [7c 6c] and lost with A Full House, Sixes full of Nines
Seat 4: Zagga showed [Ts Td] and lost with Two Pairs, Tens and Nines, Six high
Seat 5: Elise777 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Maudas001 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

On top of all that I had to deal with my adsl connection failing again during bubble time at a FT $11 turbo sng.I was in a good chip position and by the time I got reconnected I had 290 chips left.Dealt KcQc I went all in only to be booted again.It's not Full Tilts fault though as I had the same problem on Party later.Decided to stick with Party due to the "disconnect protect" facility but after the nasty quads hand I headed to Laddys 6 max $100 nl where I won this very odd hand thanks in part to Ladbrokes new software.I'd just rebought for $50 so this hand only left me about $90 up at Laddys for the night but it was a relief to finally have something go my way....


** Game ID 633481758 starting - 2006-12-02 03:59:08
** Bourdieu [Hold 'em] (0.50|1.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- k0k0n0tz sitting in seat 1 with $107.20 [Dealer]
- Acornman sitting in seat 2 with $101.10
- Mr_Welltoni sitting in seat 3 with $159.15
- ----BM---- sitting in seat 4 with $90.50
- NvrAgain sitting in seat 5 with $123.29
- gjh sitting in seat 6 with $102.35

Acornman posted the small blind - $0.50
Mr_Welltoni posted the big blind - $1.00

** Dealing card to Acornman: 8 of Spades, 7 of Spades

----BM---- called - $1.00
NvrAgain raised - $4.00
gjh folded
k0k0n0tz called - $4.00

Acornman called - $4.00 > Once again I choose the loosest table with the highest average pot size.( $51 ave).Soooted connectors are less valuable at 6 max but I reckoned as it would probably be a family pot it was worth seeing the flop.


Mr_Welltoni called - $4.00
----BM---- called - $4.00

** Dealing the flop: Jack of Spades, 9 of Spades, 4 of Diamonds

Acornman checked>> Not much point trying to steal the pot on a semi-bluff at this table.

Mr_Welltoni checked
----BM---- checked
NvrAgain bet - $14.00
k0k0n0tz raised - $45.00

Acornman called - $45.00>> Marginal call of $45 into an $81 pot but I knew if my flush or gutshot hit then there was a good chance of getting paid off.

Mr_Welltoni folded
----BM---- folded
NvrAgain folded

** Dealing the turn: 3 of Diamonds

>>>Damn!

Acornman checked

k0k0n0tz bet - $1.00 >>> WTF?? Is he on the flush draw too?I'd put him on trips or 2 pair.Is that a weak bet I should be raising or is it a Doubleas style weak lead hoping to tempt me to commit?Hmmmmm.


Acornman called - $1.00>> Ok,I'll see if I can make my hand cheaply.

** Dealing the river: 10 of Clubs>>> That will do nicely.No messing about,I'm all in.


Acornman bet - $1.00>>> Shit,I've bet a feckin Dollar!Damn the new software.

k0k0n0tz went all-in - $57.20>> Thankyou Pokergods


Acornman went all-in - $50.60>> my fastest call of the night


Acornman shows: 8 of Spades, 7 of Spades
k0k0n0tz mucks:
Acornman wins $226.20 from the main pot


Kokonotz actually said he meant to go all in on the turn and I believe him as I thought I was going all in on the river.Maybe laddys will need to look again at it's software or maybe Koko has been smokin' as much as me....

Cleaned out at Inter and down to $260 at Party.Up $90 at Laddys and down $24 at FT after the sng debacle.I'm going to upgrade to adsl max next week to hopefully get a more reliable connection because I've bombed out of four recent sng's ( over the last week) due to it going down and it's driving me round the bend.

So down $70 for the night but not too down about it as swings like that are run of the mill at $100nl 6 max tables where a bit more luck on one or two hands could have made all the difference.It has felt like I've been in poker hell for a few months now ( prob since beginning of Sept) but if one of the worst runs of luck I've had leaves me only $31 down ( since Sept 1st) I suppose long term I can't complain too much.Having said that 3 months with no profit is probably my worst ever run at the virtual felt and I hope that changes soon.

Mrs A is working tonight so I'll be taking a chance on my adsl connection and playing FT's $11k gtd with Miami Mark and hopefully S-man.It's a $24 buy in and last time I used a token I won but with a $3k roll it's about time I gambled a little more and took some more chances.

Edit: Built my stack in the $11k after making a good call with 2nd pair v a loose player.Just gone out after limping with j9,hitting a gutshot on a 10 K 4 Q board only to see the villian's K10 hit a 10 on the river.Niiiiiiiiice! Ok the sick gutted feeling has washed over me.Time to hit those tables...( I did make 2nd in my warm up $11 so not a wasted night yet..hmmmmf)


Ok,Just dropped Mrs A off so it's poker n smokin' all da way...

Here's a quality link to some of the greatest football and sporting Youtube clips of all time which included this compilation of some of the late great Davie Cooper's finest moments ( one of my first football hero's).His penalty winner in the 1986 League Cup final v celt*c was my first ever Old Firm game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document