Monday, November 27, 2006

Uber Donkey

Donked out of the FT $15k mtt last night after one of the major leaks in my game made an appearance.I folded nearly everything for the first hour and then decided to steal from the button with A9 when it was folded round to me.One caller ,flop of 10 10 9 ,I make the continuation bet,get raised ,reraise big and get insta-called by j10.Heeeehawwww!


I did manage to place 2nd in an $11 sng and my record at $11 sng's is slowly recovering.I'm now only down $12 after 25 games at $11 and $95 down overall after 61 games.They have all been turbos and I hope I'm adapting better to these sng's and can keep on the right road.

I also played a chunk of $100 nl 6 max over the weekend,breaking even for the most part after losing at Ladbrokes and winning at Party.All good pokery fun.

Just back after taking the family to Macdonalds.I reckon Mrs A probably had a point about me being on the laptop too often so I'm trying to make it up to her.Most of the time I'm not even playing poker but just writing/surfing blogs and football sites.Mind you I'd rather she'd actually discussed it with me rather than writing a note and just disappearing but things do seem a bit better since her return.It's dinner at my folks place tomorrow night and the cinema to see Borat on Friday.Wednesday night she's working and Half-life 2 shall be played and Thursday night is Step A's first concert.( Pink)

My poker and blog do seem a bit repetitive to me at the moment and apologies for the doom and gloom nature of the poker posts recently.Partly this has been because of my poor recent run and partly I blame posting to my blog as soon as I arrive home every night when I'm tired,hungry and feeling just slightly irratable.( ahem!) I try and write my post ( on a break of course) at work and email it home to myself and that seems to work ok but I've been too busy for breaks recently.I've also given in to the nicotine beast and have been having a cig in the morning on the way to work.I hate damn cigs and used to only smoke da herb in the evenings but smoking at night and then going the whole day without nicotine just meant I was probably going through withdrawl symptoms daily and that was no fun.

Ok,time to switch off and watch crap tv with the Mrs......

6 Comments:

At Monday, 27 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Perhaps the answer to your problem is so switch to playing perhaps 2 MTT's during the week and cash games in the weekend? Would free up some of your time to spend with mrs a? Pokers is a great game but it isnt worth throwing everythign else away.

 
At Monday, 27 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

I guess what im saying is that playing scheduled MTT's during the week will allow you to plan your time around mrs a during teh week and leave you free at the weekend to indulge.

 
At Monday, 27 November, 2006, Blogger Poker Jones said...

Nice playing with you, sir. Difficult striking that delicate balance between poker degeneracy and the real world that exists outside the game. Gotta pick your spots, I guess.

 
At Tuesday, 28 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks for the comments.Striking the right balance is spot on PJ.Not always easy but I think the lil lady is happier now....

 
At Wednesday, 29 November, 2006, Blogger Swifty said...

'playing poker is much better for you than eating at McDonalds!!'

But usually costs you more ;)

Understand entirely how you feel about the work/home/poker balance. I wrote about it on my blog (shameless plug!) a while back.

It's all about balance. Yeah, right eh? ;).

Good luck :)

 
At Wednesday, 29 November, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Hey,

Do you play Counter Strike as well? If so I'll have to give you a game some time. I started on Half Life Two: Episode One last night.

The Edge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document