Friday, November 24, 2006

Trouble n Strife

More strife on the domestic front meant I've not really felt like posting much this week.Mrs A aint happy at the time I spend on my laptop and went to stay with her Dad for a few days.No talking it over,just a short note and offski.That really pissed me off and though I rushed round to her Dads for a short chat ,I came away thinking it was time to check when my tennants lease runs out on my flat as maybe it was time to move on.

For my part I pointed out that I'm sick of her prozac pills causing her to act like she's had 3 grams of speed complete with the comedowns and dark moods that go with ye old go faster powder.

We spoke on the phone earlier though and the air seems to have cleared a little.She now says she needs to find new hobbies/interests and ( after denying it the other night) admits the pills are causing major moods swings.I agreed I do still spend too much time on the net and will cut back.Since our last little chat I still play poker most nights but have cut down on the IM chat big time so that she doesn't feel as if I'm in the same room but not really there.( her previous complaint)

She's coming back in around an hour instead of Sunday and hopefully we can smooth things over.( quickly I hope,I've poker to play..hehe)

The poker continues to tease,taunt and generally grind down my sense that this downswing will one day come to an end.I'm well aware that for losing players the game is one big downswing but I'm still convinced that for the most part, my game is good enough to turn things around.Losing with 1010 to KK on a K 6 10 flop in the first hand of my first sng the other night did affect my game though and I must have tilted my way ( subtle tilt ,not full blown) out of at least three sng's after that before my wireless connection froze again mid game ,leading to an even worse state of mind to be playing the game in.

Having blown yet another $11 turbo on FT I decided to hit a $50 nl 6 max cash table.Most of my poker profits have probably come from trapping maniacs at loose tables and I found a $26 ave pot table with one maniac and one aspiring maniac and took my seat.My luck hasn't changed much.I get JdJs and maniac 1 and I call manaic 2's $5 preflop bet.The flop comes 8d 9d 10d,maniac 1 leads out for $16.50 with Ad5c,maniac 2 calls and I reraise all in with my overpair and straight flush draw.Maniac 1 calls whilst the original preflop raiser folds.Turn is a Qs and river is a Jc and we split the pot.Not a bad beat by any means but another frustrating hand.

A few hands later I got maniac 1 all in on the turn with a set v his gutshot which he hit on the river but that one honestly didn't bother me too much as I knew I'd outplayed the villian and over the long run will come out well on top in hands like that.

On a brighter note I've really enjoyed reading through Lucko's blog and I hope I've learned a lot from it.Reading his postings certainly helped inspire me a bit this week and between the cooler I'm on and the trouble with Mrs A ,all inspiration is welcome!

I'm reluctant but nearly ready to admit defeat at Full Tilts $11 turbos.My record is still terrible at them even though I was holding my own at Pokerroom.I said nearly because I'm hoping with more work on my game and an even break that I can still conquer the bassas.They do seem far tighter than the sng's I've played previously but I need to adjust accordingly and start raising more from postion to steal and respecting the really tight players bets when in a pot with them.Two things annoy me about FT.All my work in copy/pasting Sharkscope stats into the player notes seems to be wasted.I noticed that after my disconnection last night when I had to reboot the whole pc and my notes ( along with most of my chips) had vanished.I also like to know where the other players are based and I don't think FT gives that information.

I'll probably do a stats post on Sunday.I'm dealing with more clean slates than your average roofer recently but another one is due! I did pull back some cash at a Party table and if I was at all superstitious I'd probably cash out of FT right now as just being a site I can't seem to win on but I'm also a stubborn determined bassa and I'm keen to turn it round and get back to profit there after losing just over $200 in two weeks.

I'm not that stubborn though and if the losses continue there then I will either stick to cash games/standard speed sngs or throw my laptop through a window...

To finish on a happier note Rangers have qualified for the last 32 of the Uefa cup with a game to spare and I did at least win a £26 sat token at FT which I've still to use.Let's hope it's a winner....

7 Comments:

At Friday, 24 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey acorn -have to catch up with u soon.

maybe your poker fortunes are following the 'gers?!?...

 
At Friday, 24 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey s-man The Gers are doingok in Europe this season :-)

Catch you soon...

 
At Saturday, 25 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

sorry to hear about your domestic troubles. Hope things get better soon! :-)

 
At Saturday, 25 November, 2006, Blogger GaryC said...

Indeed, much better and soon. Good luck, bro.

G

 
At Saturday, 25 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

"Losing with 1010 to KK on a K 6 10 flop "

Brunnson says that you cant worry about set over sets as they are so rare. If you got your chips in, in this situation, you played the hand right.

 
At Saturday, 25 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the domestic problems mate. Having lived with, and have a kid to, a woman who took so many pills for her mental problems that she rattled when sher walked,I know where you're coming from!

If you wanna chat or rant hook me upon MSN (mattastic03 AT hotmail DOT com). Sometimes good to rant to someone you don't have any ties to!

Set over set is always a great way to lose your entire stack, UL mate!

 
At Sunday, 26 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Juice,Gary n YP.Things are looking up a bit.Long may it continue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document