Saturday, November 11, 2006

Scotland the Brave ( or stupid)

Not long back from Ibrox where Rangers beat Dunfermline 2-0 with goals from Boyd and Smith.It was a decent performance at the end of a terrible week for the club and will hopefully give the team a confidence boost for the game against Hearts next Sunday.EK Thistle also managed a decent 1-1 result away at Beith so all that's required is for Falkirk to demolish celt*c tomorrow to make it a good weekend of results.

On the poker front things continue to trundle along with no great gains being made.Last night I began by bubbling out of two $10 turbos and was a bit annoyed at myself for pushing just a little too hard again on the bubble.I still believe it's better to play for 1st,rather than just to try and scrape into the money.I did manage to win a $5 ,20 player turbo a bit later knocking the s-man out on the bubble.( sorry mate!).Two more failed sng's after that and I hit the Party cash tables for 20 minutes (-$10 there) before heading to bed for an early night at 2.30am.

The plan for tonight is to enjoy a nice ruby murray ( curry) with the Mrs before watching The Da Vinci Code on dvd and possibly ( very possibly!) sneaking in some pokery fun later.We have bought a Euro Millions ticket and it is a rollover so with a bit of luck my next post will be from Vegas where I'm just about to live blog the big game as I take my seat next to Doyle n co.

One of ( well I've had two so far) my anon commenters dD suggested a tourney for any UK players interested ( all welcome but start times will be suited more to UK players) and I reckon that's a fine idea.Not sure on the site ,format or entry fee but I hope there would be enough interest to get at least a 10 player sng on the go.By all means leave a comment on this post or email dD at the address given in his comment on my last post.Don't expect an instant email reply though as his Missus has just given birth to their 3rd child.Congrats again on that dD.

Not much else going on today.I did follow a link from Fuel55's blog to a Jung Typology test which
I found quite interesting.Apparently I'm an ESTP( Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving) type personality and a lot of the information on ESTP's does seem quite accurate.


"ESTPs are spontaneous, active folks. Like the other SPs, ESTPs get great satisfaction from acting on their impulses. Activities involving great power, speed, thrill and risk are attractive to the ESTP. Chronic stifling of these impulses makes the ESTP feel "dead inside."

Gamesmanship is the calling card of the ESTP. Persons of this type have a natural drive to best the competition. Some of the most successful salespersons are ESTPs. P.T. Barnum ("Never give a sucker an even break") illustrates the unscrupulous contingent of this type.

Almost unconsciously the ESTP looks for nonverbal, nearly subliminal cues as to what makes her quarry "tick." Once she knows, she waits for just the right time to trump the unsuspecting victim's ace and glory in her conquest. Oddly enough, the ESTP seems to admire and respect anyone who can beat her at her own game.

"If I was any better, I couldn't stand it!" To an ESTP, admission of weakness feels like failure. He admires strength in himself and in others.

"Shock effect" is a favored technique of this type to get the attention of his audience. ESTPs love to be at center stage, demonstrating feats of wonder and daring. "

I liked the part about trumping the unsuspecting victims Ace though it doesn't mention doing it with the hammer...


I don't usually like chain emails and the lame so called jokes in them but I got one on Friday I thought I'd share a little of as it made me smile...

Being Scottish is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

And the most Scottish thing of all? Suspicion of all things foreign!

We injure and die in style too...

3 Scots die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

142 Scots were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

58 Scots are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of
screwdrivers.

31 Scots have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

Scottish Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Xmas cracker-pulling accidents.

18 Scots had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Scots were admitted to A&E in the last two years after trying to open bottles of beer with their teeth. ( errr I do that!)

5 Scots were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control
Scalextric cars.

and finally...

In 2000 eight Scots were admitted to hospital with fractured skulls
incurred whilst throwing up into the toilet.

>>Makes me proud to be a Scot!

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 12 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

I shoudl warn you that the da vinci code is not a good film. The only good thing is, A)Audrey Tautau is very good looking and b)tom hanks hair piece is very funny and c)the implausible escapes!

Be warned

 
At Monday, 13 November, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

I agree with Juice - the most over-rated film of the year.

And I totally agree that Scottish people are much more stupid than the rest of the world.

;-)

 
At Monday, 13 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could only watch 10 minutes of the film.

A total yawnfest

Wins for both my teams :-)

 
At Monday, 13 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Don't make post a list of great Scottish inventions Miasdad ye cheeky git.

Aye Derby, a decent weekend at the football for a change.Long may it continue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document