Saturday, November 04, 2006

Turbo Troubles

Thanks for the comments on yesterdays post.Not much to report from our holiday really.Lots lazy days lying around the beach and pool reading books and enjoying the sunshine.Evenings were spent drinking beer,cheating Mrs A at Gin Rummy,gazing at the stars, watching the occasional Champions league game complete with Arabic commentary and playing Football manager/Ridge Racer 2 on my psp.The tv had very few English speaking channels but I did find myself enjoying an American football game between USC and OSU even though I thought I was cheering on GCox's Oaklahoma team for most of the first half before realising it was Oregon!( and the commentary wasn't Arabic.)The last time I watched US football The Fridge was top dog and I've never bothered to learn the rules but it finished 33-31 and was quite an exciting spectacle.

I didn't have too much joy last night in my first proper night of pokery fun since got back.Enjoyed the skype chat with the S-man,Miami Mark and Scott and Fiona who I hadn't spoken to in a while.I even emailed Scot n Fee a $10 Pokerroom voucher to get them started at PR so at least that can account for a tiny part of last nights poor run.

Turbo sng's are high variance at the best of times and when the cards don't fall they can be quick bankroll killers.I made the money only once all night and after saying cheerio to my friends in the chat moved up and played several fruitless $10 and even one $22 game.Actually the $22 sng was frustrating because I built a large stack early but then pushed into the other big stack with QK on a K high board only to lose to his AK.It had been folded round to me in the cut-off and I'd raised preflop with my QK as a steal but couldn't let it go when the board came K high.I suppose it was a little unlucky that the button woke up with AK but that's poker...

After that I suffered from a dodgy connection ( I switched my adsl off for 2 weeks while I was away and I think I've annoyed it) which decimated my stack in one sng and then some fish hit a 3 outer on the river in my last game.( welcome back indeed).
I did have a little joy at a Party cash table before going to bed at 4am but my Pokerroom account has now sneaked under the $1300 mark so I reckon I lost about $20 overall for my nights play.

No weekly update on Sundays as from now on I'll be updating every two weeks because although the updates keep me focussed I think I was always pushing too hard to pull it back if I started the week badly.I may even go for monthly updates only.Watch this space...

It's funny how some of the best poker advice can lead me astray.I find if I don't think of my chips as money it becomes a lot easier to give them away and I also reckon the advice to play the player not the cards just prompts me to try and make moves that just end in tears at the limit I play at.

Ok that's almost enough wittering for one day.I've spent most of the afternoon at allofmp3.com burning cd's.I tend to be quite inflexible when it comes to my music but I've downloaded Snow Patrol,The Killers,Evanescence and a couple more of the more modern rock bands to see what they are like.It's cheap enough that if they're all crap then I can go back to my Floyd,Dylan and J Cash without having spent too much.

Time for a curry and maybe a wee pokery game or too after I've walked Nacho.He doesn't seem too bothered by all the fireworks going off round here thankfully.

Thanks for reading....

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 05 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

evanesance!!

Rock band?

Lucky you are glasgow or i might have to come round with my baseball bat to "educate" you on your music tastes!!!

 
At Sunday, 05 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Bring it! I liked that one they had in the charts a while back so I thought I'd give their new album a go.

I can't help having a youthful outlook when it comes to music ye auld git!

 
At Monday, 06 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, 07 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

One swallow does not a summer make!

The problem with your theory is that not even the youth touch evanesance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document