Monday, November 13, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrr

I hate reading bad beat stories because I always think that well that's poker and if the person writing about 'em is getting that worked up then they shouldn't be playing.Besides let's face they happen to everyone all the time and nobody has a monopoly on them.( I just feel like I do just now!).Last night it wasn't even a bad beat which pissed me off the most,it was two things.

First after a crap night ( see yesterdays post)I decided on one last sng at FT before bed.I get Aces for the first time at FT and get 'em busted by Mr K10 flopping a straight and then on the very next hand I get 85 off,make a disciplined fold and then watch the flop fall 8 5 5 and three players go all in.Forget skilled moves and excellent reads.For me the biggest "skill" in poker is being able to deal with crap like the above and keep playing my usual game.

The second thing that pissed me was the fact I even got pissed off about the first thing.( Aces cracked and the 85).How the heck can I ever hope of moving up and dealing with the variance at higher levels when I get so hacked off at a couple of minor hands in a $5 sng.I did actually smile another bitter smile at the above and wasn't exactly raging but I can't deny it pissed me off.

Forget worrying if I'm skilled enough to play 'em.Could I cope with playing ten $22 sng's in a row without making the money or am I just cut out to forever languish at the micro-limits?

Poker eh!Great fun when I'm winning and not so much fun when I'm playing tighter than gnats chuff in these turbos then getting busted on the decent hands I am playing.

Ok variance biatch...bring it!

8 Comments:

At Monday, 13 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Its easy to focus on the single hands and the single sessions but dont beat yourself up. You have come along way in two years and if its takes a little longer to move up so be it. the tables arent going anywhere.

Head up.

 
At Tuesday, 14 November, 2006, Blogger United113 said...

Bad luck on the aces. NEver get annoyed about doing the right thing though, folding 8 5 is the right move, no matter what the flop comes it is the right move. How many times would you not win the hand compared to that time when you will win????

If you like sng's check out my blog i've done a review on the sng on Virgin

Nice blog

 
At Tuesday, 14 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always join the local bowling club ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 14 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Juice n United.Sensible stuff.

S-man ,unlike you I have far too much hair to be mistaken for the kind of old bloke who goes bowling...;-)

 
At Tuesday, 14 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

however, its is going grey.....so i think you could probly sneak in...hehe

 
At Tuesday, 14 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No,it's simply a tad lighter after 2 weeks in the sun...ya baldy bassa!!

 
At Wednesday, 15 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..aye a wee bit lighter in quantity as well...

should change yer blog to 'Monkman's poker'n'life'.

 
At Wednesday, 15 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I would think "thickwavyhairman" may be more appropriate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document