Friday, November 17, 2006

Donkery do dah

Broke my FT duck on Wednesday night by finally making it into the money in a $5 turbo sng on my 13th attempt.I’ve had a few more bubble finishes since then at $5 and also played one $11 sng which was going well until I made a donkey move with JJ.I’d raised preflop and bet out on an Ace high flop only to get a caller from a fairly loose player whom I immediately put on an Ace rag type of hand.I then proceeded to ignore my read and dumped the rest of my chips to the villain on the turn and river.( he showed A4 to win).


After some adsl problems which meant I went from 1500 to 700 in chips at a Pokerroom ($11 turbo sng) before getting reconnected and going out with barely a whimper. I then logged onto Party and hit up a $50 nl table.I’d only played a few hands when I decided to limp with Ak sooted and end up calling a standard 4bb raise.The flop came K high and I checkraised the original raiser thinking my hand was good.Maybe I was still in sng turbo mode,maybe it was frustration at my earlier donkery behaviour,maybe the planets were unaligned but the upshot was that I donked off a buy in to the raiser and his rockets.


It was 12.30am by this time and tempted as I was I resisted the urge to try and get back my losses in double quick time and I went to bed and slept soundly.

There's no doubt in my mind that I'm running quite badly just now and that has led to some rash decisions and poor play.I don't mind being all in with TPTK after the flop if I have a read on the villian which says my hand is likely to be good but blasting away at the pot may be h+ ( hope positive) but it's certainly not ev+ ( expected value).Making rash ill thought out plays,losing and then blaming bad luck is not a road I want to be stuck going down.

Time to show some fighting spirit,some character and some gonads.Now all I need is a rush of cards....

Oh before I go congrats to Iakaris for taking down over $12k in a FTOP event.Always great to see another blogger do well and Iakris's blog is damn entertaining too.

Ok time to hit the tables...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document