Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's Ofishal

Acornman is a fish! Played 21,Ave stake $6,Lost $83.Still at least I know now that FT is rigged and it aint down to poor plays and good old variance.I googled "full tilt is rigged" for a bit of fun and found a FT forum thread where from 224 polled,32% ( 73 folk) say that it is rigged and some of the posts would make you wet youself.Here's some anon quotes...

"Its so ridiculously rigged its not even funny. I guess just watching hand after **** hand is proof enough for me.
I guess there is not anything you can say that would make me disagree with myself. I know its rigged. Thats it. End of story."

Errr usually you simply change your mind rather than disagree with yourself!



"Rigged isn't even the word for it.

It's SO rigged in SUCH a blatant way, it's almost comical.

The bottom line is, if you play poker off-line, you know. Follow your trends... starting cards, wins, wins.losses on the river, etc.

I'll say this, it takes balls to rig a site to this extent. I'm sure they'll blackball my account after this post. Oh well, I'm moving on to hopefully a legitimate site.

Pros being PAID to endorse a site doens't equal legitimacy, folks. They're getting away with murder, here."

Translated as " I lose so much money at online poker that it's not even funny.I've played live three times and won twice which means I'm probably one of the finest players of my generation and would be wining zillions online if it wasn't so blatantly rigged.I'm moving to a new site to lose there so look for an identical post at the new sites forum shortly"


I only managed to read the first six pages of the thread before shaking my head and giving up and googling "poker doom switch".Top of the search is a site with this quote " The other people that don't complain are the people that aren't being targeted by the Doom Switch (which is rare). Why is it so hard to find a legit poker site to play at?".

Apparently bad players are the only people who don't complain because they hit river cards! Jeeeeeeeeeez!!

Ok,enough of that nonsense.If you get your money in with the best of it then your going to see more bad beats and suckout less often.I'm hoping my luck has turned a bit after winning my first sng at FT last night and also winning a hand by sucking out bigtime and hitting a 3 outer on the river.

Reading back over some of my posts since I got back from Sharm and I think my skills have been a little rusty but my poker emotions even more so.It is always far easier to not focus too much on results when things are going well but to dwell on not much else when on a poor run.This time last year I was bouncing back from losing a couple of buyins at $100nl to come out on top and now I'm fretting about losing some $5 sngs.

I'm not fretting too much though.I was in bed for 3.30am last night and after waking at 1.45pm today I'm feeling fresh and ready to rock.I've worked out how to get my laptop stuff to display on my 17" monitor so I may make the occasional move back to my poker cupboard where I'm less distracted by the tv blaring and can focus more on my game.Mrs A doesn't fancy going to see Borat ( I reckon it looks great) so tonight will probably be a curry followed by a dvd.I did mention to the s-man ( who won 3 sng's last night!) and Miami Mark that I would be staying off the poker tonight but for some reason I don't think they believed me....

6 Comments:

At Sunday, 19 November, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

u think that is bad - do the same thing with Absolute Poker!!

 
At Sunday, 19 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

There is a really flaw in the logic of having a bent game. If the game was bent people would leave. People leaving means fewer hands. Fewer hands means less rake which means less profit. Whilst in the short term, rigging a site might reap profit eventually youd get found out and punters would leave. Certainly not somethign any online site would want given how competitive the industry is.

Bad players throw their toys out the pram. Good players take the chips and go to the bank

 
At Monday, 20 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No thanks Md! The rubbish about FT being rigged and doom switches was enough for me.

It isn't logical to me either Juice but I suppose some folks just can't deal with variance or being a losing player.

 
At Monday, 20 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I did mention to the s-man ( who won 3 sng's last night!) and Miami Mark that I would be staying off the poker tonight but for some reason I don't think they believed me...."

Aye, an we were right!

With respect to the online stuff, the perception of being fixed may have to do with the electronic 'randomisers' used on the cards. Apparently, true 'randomness' (in the purest sense of the word) is difficult to achieve using programming algorithms, but i'd say there is a vast gulf between that and 'rigged'....

 
At Monday, 20 November, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

You were right and Mrs A was on the warpath...

I agree with your thoughts on random online shuffling.I reckon it's probably still more random than human dealing.

 
At Monday, 20 November, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

I think Bad beats seem to happen more often online because peopel forget that online you play FAR more hands than a live game. Personally i think online RNG are actually more random than real life. In real life. After al l how do you know when a real life dealer is tired he doesnt suffles a thoroughly after a few hours dealing thus making the deal less random than it should be. The RNG never gets tired and is consistant in its inconsistantcy. What more can you want?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document