Monday, October 22, 2007

Double Donk Out + PT Screen shot

After spending hours throwing together yet another cullinary delight, ( 5 mins in microwave for a ready made chicken meal) I watched an Sbrugby HU vid and loggged on for the Bloggerment and RTR game.

It was a bit of a letdown that the pro's who were supposed to be playing in the RTR game didn't show, as it was watching guys like Simon "Aces" Trumper on Ch4's late night poker that brought me to poker in the first place,however the overlay and chance to go to Nottingham were still worthy prizes.

In the Bloggerment I was lucky enough to beat Kats QJ with KK on a board which gave us both a full house in the end, but I didn't really seem to catch many other hands there and I soon found my stack dwindling.Another blogger tourney and another case of running into Aces for me as Hammerheid scudded my Nolan sisters ( QQ) with his pocket rockets.

I had just crashed out of the RTR game ( 11th I think) after making a move on Kronsdat with 44.I obviously didn't want him calling when I shoved over the top of his raise and had hoped ( he's solid enough to lay a hand down) to get him to fold A5-AJ and 22-99 and hands like KQ.He probably realised I was making a move though and made a good call with his 88.

I came 6th in a wee $6 turbo ( 18 player) I played with Rosie and Juice afterwards before playing 10 minutes of cash poker at 365.

One big difference watching Cardruner vids has made to my game is that I used to want to wait until I had a very tight image before making any moves at cash tables.

Last night on the 2nd hand I had A10 in the small blind and there were two limpers before the action was on me.( 6 max $50nl table) I had considered a 5bb raise and even thought about folding ( due to being out of position) but instead I raised 6bb ( to $3) and they all folded.It was only a tiny pot but one I probably wouldn't usually make a move at and I'll need every edge going if I'm to move beyond $100nl.

On the topic of moving up I've already played a good few thousand hands at $100nl but mostly at full ring tables.I feel I can say after 3 years that I can beat $50nl 6 max but I've not proved to myself that I can consistently beat $100nl 6 max yet and that has to be my next step.( along with shots at $200 and $400nl).

I'd love to have it in my nature to be able to take $1k from my roll ,sit at a $5-$10nl table and take a real shot at taking a shortcut to success, but the thought of losing $1000 of hard earned ( hours of $50 nl grinding) profit over a few bad beats stops me taking the plunge.

Looking after Nacho tonight,Barcelona at Ibrox tomorrow night,Wed night I'm looking after Step A,Thus I have Nacho again and then it's the weekend.Roll on...

Pokertracker screenshots for my records.



Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, 22 October, 2007, Blogger STAN said...

i agree with u m8 im not too keen on playing the bloggermentand the league at the same time especially if the pro's cant be effed to turn up

Stan

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah shame they didn't attend.

nice stats acorn. Very impressive mate. WP!

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Big Black Dog said...

Gd luck to Gers against Barca m8! For some real Euro skill you could do a lot worse than watch the Mighty Blues tear Schalke apart on wednesday!!
All together now...
"There's only one (whats his name again!!?)"
gd luck on the tables geez

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I was going to suggest moving one of the games to an earlier start time Stan, but it's going to be confusing enough with clocks going back this Sun!

Cheers BM! Probably more leaks than Percy Throwers veg patch but at least I'm winning I suppose!


STP: We're gonna need all the luck we can get! Good luck to Chels on Wed night too.My second team.( from long before Abramovich!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document