Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Overtime...

I did my first ever weekday overtime at work last night.As I may have mentioned I'm not that fond of my day job, but I'm quite lucky that for what I do I get paid reasonably well and there's usually plenty of overtime available.In some ways I think I'm daft for staying up so late at weekends playing poker, when I could make a lot more by getting a decent sleep and going into work for a few hours.They say money won is twice as sweet as money earned though and I reckon that's true.

My employer also provided a meal which meant when I arrived home about 7.30 ish I could get straight into watching a cardrunners vid.I watched a LAG ( Loose aggressive) player run over a couple of tables and eventually hit the $50nl 6 max tables at Bet 365.

I was trying to keep my preflop aggression up and keep putting pressure on my opponents.A donkey shortstack came over the top of a quite regular preflop raiser and I decided to shove with AK to isolate the donk.Unfortunately for me the preflop raiser had AA and although the donk showed KJ my Big Slick had little chance and I lost a buy-in.

I am very keen to improve my game, however I'm a 7bb winner at $50 nl and I need to make sure I'm not ignoring my instincts in favour of misplaced aggression,especially as it's not easy to get many $50nl players to fold at times.I can't expect to make changes to my game without making errors and as long as my game gets better overall, then I can take a few hits to get there.

Righty,here's a quick one from the paper for my English readers.

Such larks from the England fans. A Scot working in a London office was sent the following e-mail which is doing the rounds of the excitable Nigels.

It reads: "I've just been offered corporate hospitality for the game on Saturday in Paris, all-expenses-paid and I can take a mate.

"So, I was wondering - can you put my bin out on Monday morning?"

Ho ho ho!!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 18 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! I like it!

Is cardrunners good then? PXF only has a couple of cash videos (that I haven't watched yet) and maybe in the future when I decide to go back to cash I might give them a shot.

Anyway money won is DEFINATELY sweeter than money earned because you had fun accumulating it!

 
At Thursday, 18 October, 2007, Blogger Big Black Dog said...

Too right what you & mik say about money won!! Ive only been playing about 5 weeks and am only about $50 in profit!! it only takes about 2 hours at work to earn that but not half as satisfying as when you've outplayed/got lucky/survived by the skin of your teeth etc and cashed!! gl acorn

 
At Thursday, 18 October, 2007, Blogger Henk said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog www.pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Greetings Peter Smits

 
At Friday, 19 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers lads.So far I'm quite impressed by cardrunners BM.Watched an OMGClayAitken vid last night and he explained his thinking very clearly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document