Monday, July 07, 2008

Show me the money!

It looks like I'll finally be moving up in stakes,buying a larger house and trading my Focus ST in for an Aston Martin DB9!I may even run another "guess the villains hand" competition and double the prize money!

"I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the
assets and Capital valued at £12,540,000.00 Million Pounds left behind
by my client.I seek your consent to present you as the next of
kin to the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the
proceeds of this account can be paid to you."

I'm not getting too carried away though.It's only 1567500 buy-ins at $16 and variance is a biatch at the moment....

I didn't start playing the Bloggerment until after the incredible Wimbledon final between Nadal and Federer.It was a truly stunning display of tennis from both players and Nadals five set win has to go down as the greatest game of all time.Not only was the quality of tennis sublime,the incredible resilience and spirit shown by both men made it a match which will live long in my memory.

Nadals after match comments when asked if he felt down after losing two match points in the fourth set were telling and could easily be applied to the poker table."When I was sitting down, I just say: I am playing well. I am doing well. I am with very good positive attitude. I played with a very positive attitude all the time, fighting a lot." He added ""I just focus on every point," he said. "Is possible to think too much. If you think too much, you not gonna play well. I just focus on next point."

Thanks to the nine players who turned out to play last nights Britbloggerment game and congrats to Wadhead for taking it down.My own exit was typical of how I'm running at the tables.My JJ was rivred by 88 and that was that!

I had warmed up by four tabling $6.50's and after the Bloggy I moved back up to $16 and played five games.Every hand is a new hand, but it's getting hard not to see the kind of run I'm on as a downswing and reading forum posts about 1000 game downswings or breakeven runs do not fill me with much joy! I did win the last one I played but endured more beats and suckouts.39 soooted busting my KK and having my 66 busted by 68 ( 8 on turn) were last nights biggest junk kickers.

In light of how badly I'm running I've decided not to set any lofty goals for July.Obviously I want to push on and make as much as possible but I'll start by aiming to break my Stars roll back through the $7k mark and hitting $8k profit on Sharkscope.( at Stars)

I did finish my night by playing four $7.50 super turbos ( 300 chips,3 min blinds) on Full Tilt and winning two of them.I may have a go at four tabling them at some point.Hmmmm.

Ok,that's plenty for a Monday.Back later in the week...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, 07 July, 2008, Blogger Klopzi said...

FYI: I already helped with the repatriating of the assets; just waiting for my cheque. Hopefully it'll come in the mail soon as I spent a good portion of my share over the weekend.

However, I'll be sure to pass along that you're interested in any future endeavours should they come along.

 
At Wednesday, 09 July, 2008, Blogger Renee said...

I love that you wrote about the final between Nadal and Federer, it was an amaaazing game. So nice when you can mix that in for poker, glad you watched it!

 
At Thursday, 10 July, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hehe,thanks Klopzi.I look forward to more genuine offers like that one in my inbox!

Thanks renee.Hopefully there will be many years of similar finals to come between those two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document