Saturday, July 05, 2008

Sunshine and Rainbows



Ahh who needs philosophy when Rocky Balboa is around!

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

I had a fine evening over at the s-mans last night.We watched Rocky Balboa and it was far better than I expected.I loved most of the Rocky films with Rocky 4 being a particular favourite.The 12yr old me wanted to kill that big nasty Russian back in 1985!!

The poker gods continue to test me at the tables.0/2 at Party $22 turbos ( AQ v AJ and AJ and I still lost!) and then 0/3 at Stars $16's.Aces being busted by JJ,AQ by 45 off and AQ V QJ ( J on turn) were last nights beats.I didn't get home until just before 1am and went to bed at 3am after the last suckout.

Looks like I'll be keeping my $10 as nobody has yet guessed the villains hand from my July 2nd post! I'll keep the competition open for one more day.

I see the WSOP Main event has now begun in Vegas.I'll be following it via Tao of Poker and Hard Boiled poker as those guys really know how to cover a poker tourney.I didn't try and qualify at all this year but like most small time players it still remains a dream to play in the main event one day...

I actually played a couple of Omaha sngs last Saturday thinking I could play in Dr Paulys $10 PLO game at 9.20pm UK time on Stars.( pass:taopoker) I did play a couple of $2 sngs but had no idea what I was doing ( hi? lo? limit?) and decided to leave that to experts like Dudley Do-Right!


Today I plan to take Nacho for a run ( if the rain goes off),do some shopping,roll up a fat one and hit the tables.

I popped into the pet shop on Friday to buy Nacho some pigs ears as a treat and to liven up my dull life I thought it would be amusing to say to the girl behind the counter "I'd better be careful how I phrase this, but do you have pigs ears?".How amusing I thought to be asking if they stocked pigs ears and to jokingly imply I'm asking the assistant a personal question.That was until I glanced at the side of the assistants head and noticed the largest pointiest ears I've seen in years.Oooops!

Ok,don't forget all are welcome to play in tonights Euroblogger game on Stars.Hope to see you there...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 06 July, 2008, Blogger Wildcat said...

I'll go for 44 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document