Friday, October 31, 2008

Annual Stats

I did end up going out with my cousin last night and whupping him at pool before heading home later on and hitting up a couple of $22's,taking one down and coming 2nd in the other.

I did manage to make the most of one timing tell when the blinds were around 100-200 in my first game.I looked down to 88 in the cut off and was deciding if I was going to limp or raise when a solid regular ( I'm starting to recognise a few names) insta-limped from UTG.( first to act preflop). The limper had about 1200 behind and my own stack had been whittled down to 1.4k by this point.

It's always dangerous to use your own ranges to assign hands to others but I was as certain as I could be that the villain was limping 55-99 or a KQ,AJ,A10 type hand.( not that I limp AJ or A10 from utg!).99 worried me a bit, but against his range I felt I was well ahead and a shove would force him to fold ( giving me 400 from the pot ) or he may call off with 55-99.It folded round,I shoved,he called with 77 and I doubled.If he'd taken a second or so longer to act I may not have shoved my 88, but the instant nature of his limp made it easier to pin him to a hand.I hope that makes sense and doesn't just look as if I posted it to look like a smart arse!

Monthly stats: Stats include $2000 Stars cashout on 21st Oct.
Pokerstars $7962 ( + $291), Full Tilt $728 ( + $123),Party $2544 ( + $741),Ladbrokes $373 ( - $30) Bet 365 $424 ( -$43) ,Pokerroom $36.Total $12067 ( + $1082 for month)

Annual profit total = $15667.

To the stats and that's me at the end of my fourth year of real money online poker and I'm happy to say it's been my most profitable ever.I made around $4.5k per year over the last three years playing cash games and would have never have dreamt that switching to sngs would be so lucrative.Unless I can learn to play more than four tables effectively they'll never make me rich, but I'm happy making a few dollars per game over a few hundred games per month.

Almost all of those games have been 18 player turbos on Stars, although having played single table $22's and $33's on Party, I feel just as comfortable with that format now.Stars has been my main poker home over the last year,but Party's games are just too soft to ignore.My main observation is that Stars players ( in general) play the bubble better than Party donks who seem far more keen to knock each other out given the chance.

I've only played a few Mtt's over the year and had my biggest cash ever of $4.2k in the Stars $50k gtd back in July.I did promise myself I'd play more Mtt's and haven't stuck to that at all.Maybe that will change over the next year.

I've never really been the type to set myself goals for the year.Improving my multi-tabling skills,playing more Mtt's,getting in more volume,trying not to obsess so much over short-term results and playing more PLO are this years loosely set targets.

Ok,that's all for now....

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At Friday, 31 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Qualit post Acorn and good luck with the goals!
Bully.

 
At Saturday, 01 November, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Well done on your solid performance.

 
At Sunday, 02 November, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

One step closer to Full Time??

If I had those figures I'd be going down the Des O'Connor route ;o)

 
At Sunday, 02 November, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers lads and lol at Mr C's Des comment!

 
At Monday, 03 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the years takings...

Good to catch up with you - nice telly btw. Definitely needs a PS3, as demonstrated the other night...

Then i could whup yer ass at COD... ;-)

 
At Monday, 03 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^

S-man {;-)

 
At Monday, 03 November, 2008, Blogger Swifty said...

I'd say that the best part of £10,000 profit wasn't toooooo shabby!

Nice one :)

 
At Monday, 03 November, 2008, Blogger Marky said...

Great 2008 - double that next year? :)

 
At Monday, 03 November, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I had an idea that may be you s-man! Fine evening mate.

Thanks to cell and Mark too.Dunno about doubling it though! Same again would do me just fine :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document