Monday, October 13, 2008

PLO + Bloggerment recap

I think I'm still in shock after taking down Dr Paulys Omaha game on Saturday night.I've only played a few PLO turbo sngs before and my only hope pre-game was that I wouldn't go out first or make a complete donkey of myself.I probably managed the latter but for once the poker gods were on my side.I really enjoyed the game and having to think hard ( well as hard as is possible when partaking in fine herbal greenage!) when it came to hand values etc made a welcome change from the almost robotic way I play Holdem sngs turbos.Having said that, once the final table was down to the bubble, the cards mattered less and I managed a couple of steals before luckboxing my way to glory!

I only played a few ( nl!) turbos after that game and took down a couple.I usually seem to start the month badly and pull it back but so far this month ( especially at Party) I'm doing well.I included a few more Party $33's amongst my games and continue to be amazed at some of the donkery on display.In one game we were down to three players and I was the very shortstack by some distance.The bigstack shoved and the medium stacked second placed player called with K9 soooted! ( he lost and let me easily move up to 2nd place)

I'm learning to focus more on finishing first at single table sngs.At 18 player games the payout structure is flatter and most of the time I'm happy to take first or 2nd. ( $81 to $108 is jump at $16's). At the $22 single table the structure means it's $60 for 2nd and $100 for first which means it's far more important to try and win when Heads up.

Yesterday I was out with my Dad looking at new Plasma sets.Here's the new hot fav!I had a fine roast dinner over at my parents place before heading home in time for the Bloggerment.Thanks to all 9 players ( full table at least!) who showed up for the game.Unfortunately thanks to AOL's wonderful broadband service Lisa and Jd were disconnected for most of the first hour or so.As this was the final table they were allowed about 6 hours to reconnect on every hand and at one point it seemed like we'd still be playing at Christmas.The chatbox was a laugh as usual though and when they finally reconnected JD did very well to chip up and began the HU battle with me at the end with a decent chiplead.We battled back and forth for what seemed like ages before I finally caught a few hands and took it down.

Not got much else today.Back soon...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, 13 October, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

The trans-atlantic double!!

Get you!

Wp sir.

 
At Tuesday, 14 October, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lol cheers Mr C!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document