Thursday, October 16, 2008

Raging Des...

Monday night at the virtual felt was a crock of crap.I decided to warm up by firing up four $6.50 ,18 player turbs.By complete co-incidence Burnley Mik was at one of my tables and Matty and Lisa ( Bloggerment regulars) were at a couple of my other games.Did playing in such illustrious company bring me luck? Did it fcuk!

Having KK busted by QQ rivering a Queen set the tone for the evening.Next up on another table I was all in with JJ against two players both with AK. Pokerstars "fourteen Aces" deck ensured the Ace came before the river.Stars then obviously introduced their special "all rags" deck just in time for me to lose with AK v 55 before I finally scraped a 4th place finish after shoving A10 soooted and running into AK.

The $16's were not much kinder and only a 2nd place finish prevented me from dropping more than about $30 overall.I was at least sensible enough not go to to bed too late and I intend sticking to a routine that wont leave me looking and feeling like a zombie during the day.

On Tuesday evening I watched a few cardrunners vids before hitting up a few Party turbs later on and making about $80.

I was over at the ex Mrs A's looking after Step A last night.We watched Family Guy dvds,played Guitar Hero, I learned who the hell Milly Cyrus is and Step A now knows that Les Dawson hosted Blankety Blank and wasn't in Dawsons Creek as she thought!

Ahhh who says spam emails are a waste of time? It may mean taking the PC/Laptop through to the bedroom if you're on a downswing or don't win generally at poker, but I'm sure the "Be a winner in bed" email I receieved could help lots of players improve their roi or bb/hr rate....

On the subject of smut the boys at work have a couple of nicknames used to keep things subtle around the fairer sex.For example a "Harold Gollum" is a bum ( that's your ass for US/Canadian readers) hence the phrase,"ahh that's a fine Harold eh?" and a "Des O'Connor" is the rhyming slang for a stonner ( hard on).Well today around 3pm our big boss brought a newly graduated 22yr old babe to my desk to learn about the multi-faceted nature of the complaints I deal with.Within five minutes of her sitting down one of the boys approached me to say I needed to return a call from an angry customer.That would have been fine but the sticky note he passed me with the customers number on it simply said "Raging Des O'Connor" beside a fake number and I had to nearly chew my lip off to keep a straight face.

Ok before I go here's a wee clip of some bloke in a corner shop doing superb impressions of Raffa,Gerrard,Owen,Carragher and Crouch...

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, 17 October, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

"Milly Cyrus"....

Come on Zag, everyone knows it's Miley. Well, I do, considering I have to watch Hannah Montana fourteen hours a day.

And wouldn't it be great if Les Dawson really was in an American teen angst drama.

 
At Friday, 17 October, 2008, Blogger Wee Gem said...

"Raging Des O'Connor" - I had to bite my tongue to prevent me from doing a real ROFLMAO in the office.

Classic.

weegem

 
At Friday, 17 October, 2008, Blogger Mr Origami said...

They are fantastic impressions...I really did LOL!!

 
At Friday, 17 October, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

right, u fking luckbox !! 4 cards goot ????

hope you are going to "defend" your title tomorrow night ????

surely i cant run as bad as last week .... wanna fking bet, its omaha baby :)

regards

dD

ps off to bed, i know its early but i am fukked and do not want to look like you in the morning :)

 
At Sunday, 19 October, 2008, Blogger Wildcat said...

Regarding the car episode from a while back, it sounds from what you mentioned that you were stitched up. Google "The Sale of Goods Act", it should help. Just because something is out of warranty DOES NOT mean that you lose any rights against faulty goods!

Good luck mate.

 
At Sunday, 19 October, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad you spotted the deliberate mistake Mr C!

Probably only us Scots who could really appreciate the Des moment WG!

Yeah Just me,his Gerrard especially was spooky!

Dudley you'd be delighted if you woke up looking as youthful and good looking as me ye auld codger!

I'll check that out Wildcat.Thanks for the tip mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document